Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. wish to hear about which is better in comparison to each other.. Is the Yamaha YFZ450 has heat problems in hot weather places in Arizona, Texas & Florida..

·
Registered
853 Posts
Fakri said:
Hi.. wish to hear about which is better in comparison to each other.. Is the Yamaha YFZ450 has heat problems in hot weather places in Arizona, Texas & Florida..
I live in miami where it is hot almost all the time. When I first got my bike I noticed that my bike would over heat in long trail rides. After I re-jetted it, it never overheated again :tup: . I also ride with my crew and one of the guys has a z-400. It is more comfortable than the YFZ and also has reverse. It handles good and jumps extremely well in stock form.

The YFZ on the other hand is not as comfortable (stock) and does not have reverse. But it has way more power and handles like a porsche in the woods. If I had to do it again I would definately go with the YFZ! :nod:

PS Pm me if you want, we have a huge crew and we ride all over Fl.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The YFZ (stock) is jetted a little lean. Go up on the main and you should be fine. I ride in Glamis all the time (it gets real hot there) and have never had a problem. The YFZ is the #1 performance quad out (IMO) and would be the way to go. The Z400 does however have reverse, if that is something you require, and is still a nice performing quad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i can attest to both quads, as having extensive riding on the Z400 mate.. the KFX400. i've got 4 buddies that have them and before getting my quad, rode those ALOT!

the good bout them...
comfy comfy seat!
great, super reliable motor (had a DRZ40 for 2 1/2 years, bulletproof motor)
tons of aftermarket parts for them
reverse
handles very good and suspension is very nice.

the bad....
youre comparing it to a YFZ 450.

the YFZ 450 is leaps and bounds faster and handles soo much better than the Z, but youre giving up a comfy seat and reverse.

if youre worried bout overheating... add some Redline Water Wetter and you should be alright!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I own both and on any given day I rather ride the yfz450, alot more power, alot better handling. Now the 400 has alot better seat and its great to ride wheelies on, its a great trail machine to just play around on. If your serious get the yfz450. Reverse has never been that big of a deal to me, just as quick to jump off and throw it around(just not as easy).

·
Registered
315 Posts
The YFZ450 is better, it`s the best quad ever but the Z400 is a very very very fun machine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts