Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you guys prefer to race in motocross?
The sound of the YZ450F is hypnotic.....I love that deep growl.
Don't know which one I would want new though. :wtf:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
its all up to you man, no one can help you, its all riders prefrence because of the two totally different bikes(especially engine and weight)

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
also, dont be fooled by power numbers.

i used to ride with a guy who had a cr125. he was actually slower on a 250 and a 500.
but put him on a 125 and nobody could touch him.

if he did not get into the drug scene i truly believe he coulda went pro in the 125 supercross series.

ive NEVER seen a better rider in my life. :nod:

but that was 10 years ago, lord knows where he is and what he is doing now.

anywhoo, my point is that getting the biggest machine does not mean you will be faster on it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree totally on the numbers game. I currently have a yz250 (1996) and love it, but was thinking of trading it in the spring for a new 450.
I've heard and read in magazines that a new 250 can do everything a 450 can do except beating it out of the gate to the first turn, after that short sprint I've read and heard that the 2 strokes still rule.
Who knows :roll:
Still love the sound of 4 stroke thunder.... :cool:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree on the match the bike with the rider too. My first ride was a 89CR250 that I replaced with a 01Kawi 250. The kawi's handling sucked imo of that of the CR. I them bought a 04CR500 thinking bigger is better and the power was sweet but it was a slower ride than the CR250 and the Kawi 250. And now with the 4 wheelers I can run circles around my modded rappy with a stock motored lt250 with susp mods only. It's rider and handling that wins (fast) not HP. So you cant really pick a bike due to it being a big bore 4 stroke or small winding 2 stroke. The best you can do if your serious is find some people with the bikes your in question of and rip it up somewhere and see what feels best to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts