Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas... I ordered a Yoshi system and I changed the jets out ahead of time this past weekend. I ride mainly at sea level and changed the jets from 140/145 to 145/150 3rd clip down w/ #25 needles & no snorkel. The pipe comes in tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone sees a problem w/ this mechanically or should I be ok. For those of you thinking it, I probably should've waited to see what the manf. recommended first. Thanks and always wear a helmet.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
did you get after market needles? you need them if you didn't.

you'll probably have to go up another size on the mains, but the clip position might be right since you are running the airbox lid.

why are you running the airbox lid? loose it, its costing you free HP.

if you get rid of the airbox and get a proflow ssytem, you should be at 160/165s on the 4th clip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sto'stimemachine said:
did you get after market needles? you need them if you didn't.

you'll probably have to go up another size on the mains, but the clip position might be right since you are running the airbox lid.

why are you running the airbox lid? loose it, its costing you free HP.

if you get rid of the airbox and get a proflow ssytem, you should be at 160/165s on the 4th clip.
I ride at Pismo Beach in Ca and it gets real windy there. Just trying to keep the sand out so that's why the airbox lid. I bought the GYT-R jet kit and did put in the new needles, but I heard that going one up from the stock jets would be ok. I just want to know if my bike will run ok and the jet settings won't cause any damage w/ the way I set them up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
with my yoshi. i used dynojet 144/146 main jets. their needles on the 3rd clip. a/f screws should be 2.5 and 2.75 out. no snorkle and holes in the lid. my jetting is perfect and runs top notch. start out with set-up and go from there. it will be VERY close if not right on for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
05RaptorMan said:
with my yoshi. I used dynojet 144/146 main jets. their needles on the 3rd clip. a/f screws should be 2.5 and 2.75 out. no snorkle and holes in the lid. my jetting is perfect and runs top notch. start out with set-up and go from there. it will be VERY close if not right on for you.
Are you referring to the set up I have now that should be ok?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yoshimura recommends 150/155 jetting for a full system. And that is with 2 nice size holes cut in the lid. At sea level the air is more dense so your jetting would be larger than someone in a higher elevation.

I think that the jetting you selected may be a little too lean for the system even without the recommended holes cut in the lid. You should try their recomended sizes without the holes cut and see if it is too rich. It is better to be too rich than to be too lean - a fouled plug is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace than the other parts than can be damaged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raptor660-cg said:
Yoshimura recommends 150/155 jetting for a full system. And that is with 2 nice size holes cut in the lid. At sea level the air is more dense so your jetting would be larger than someone in a higher elevation.

I think that the jetting you selected may be a little too lean for the system even without the recommended holes cut in the lid. You should try their recomended sizes without the holes cut and see if it is too rich. It is better to be too rich than to be too lean - a fouled plug is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace than the other parts than can be damaged.
Damn... I was afraid of that. I knew when I had it apart I should have went up one more. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
an outerwear on a K&N will keep the sand out. i'm not trying to sound like a butt, its just that you spent all that money on a full exhaust system and you're not going to notice that big a power increase unless you open up the intake too. an internal combustion engine is just an air pump, it can only move as much air as the most restrictive point in the intake/exhaust system. you're bike is going to run better than before but not as fast as with no airbox lid.

·
Registered
306 Posts
the dynojets i have come out to about 150/155 mikuni jets. your yourself a dynojet kit and run the 144/146 mains, their needle on the 3rd clip. also remove the snorkle and put holes in the lid. K&N with an outerwear is a must.

Also remove the spark arrestor

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think that chart is messed up. It says that a 150 Mikuni is similar to a 160 Dyno. If that is the case, then 05RaptorMan is running an extremely lean jetting, unless he is riding on Mt. Everest...LOL I'm willing to bet that the chart is wrong, or the numbers under the Mikuni are really the DJ size.

Just thought I'd point that out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
yeah that aint right. because DJ recommended me to start at 146/148 main jets and that was rich. backed off a jet size and now its perfect. i also read in many numerous sites that had conversion tables and a 144dj is equivilant to a 150 mikuni. smaller dynojet is = to bigger mikuni. not the other way around

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the feedback it likes like I'm going to take it apart again and I'm not real thrilled, but I'm sure it will save me some money in the long run. Thanks for all the input. I'm going w/ 150/155 w/ 2" holes in the air lid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i live in upstate new york u kno what the specificaitiion isthere??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's your elevation? You can also give Yoshi a call. They have techs there that can tell you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i just put the yoshi full system.used 146/150 with two 1.50inch holes and the flow pro intake and k&n. did not notice a big difference. we are about 700 feet above sea level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am running yoshi pipe with rpo-flo and a k&n filter with outerwear. i also ditched the lid. I don't plan on running in water up to my seat anyway. I am running 27.5 pilots, stock needle 4th clip from the top, and currently 180/185 jets. But it is still feels like I need to go a size richer on the mains. It runs good and strong low and mid but flattens out up top still. Ditch the airbox lid and jet it up, you will love it! :hey:

·
Registered
65 Posts
What do you guys think I need to set mine with at about 1200 Feet elevation? I also got the K&N pro flow kit with the yosh oval pipe. Will I need a needle too?

·
Registered
197 Posts
DICK's 660 said:
What do you guys think I need to set mine with at about 1200 Feet elevation? I also got the K&N pro flow kit with the yosh oval pipe. Will I need a needle too?
i'm about 700 ft mine is 150\155 25pilots needle on the forth clip proflo intake no lid ,three turns out on the air fuel mixture screw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts