Blue Traxx Forum banner

Yfz450 Dies After Clutch Released

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cory52000 
#1 ·
Hi, I just got my yfz repaired at a shop after its been sitting for a few years and I'm having issues getting it to run. The repairman had it running fine to the trailer, but once we got it home I've been unable to put it into gear as it dies as soon as you release the clutch.
My dad never taught me anything about repair or troubleshooting, and my autism makes it difficult for me to understand instructions through text. I've searched for the better part of two hours and can't come to a conclusion. (I've heard mentions about some things to try but I don't understand how to try them)
It idles just fine when started, can idle for a while. Problem is when I release the clutch. It simply dies. Doesn't jerk forward, it just cuts everything.
Am I just missing something?
Thank you

#3 ·
your clutch is sticky from sitting or may need adjusted. start the machine and let it get good and warm before you let out the clutch. if it still dies ( assuming you have the skills to run a clutch) you will need to adjust the cable. there is a Farrell nut on the clutch perch. try adjusting that nut to make the cable longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.