Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I new, I bought my first yamaha and first ATV its a 02 raptor, I have always been a true honda fan and owned only 3wheelers just got rid of my 81 82 and 86 250r's and decided to buy this raptor I think it was a good deal I really like it, so much power, I have been doing some researching and I think I want to go with the 450 shocks but with a pair of ASR a arms because they sound like they are a good deal and I havent heard any complaints about them, but will the 450 shocks work with them??? there is so much info on this website I could spend all day looking up stuff.
I have a bent a arm so I just figured I would change them.
I know it may require some machining but that isnt a problem
thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I am pretty sure they will bolt up easier to the ASR arms then stock arms. There will be very little if any cutting involved. The next question is if you go +2 on the new arms will the stock 450 shocks need re-valving? Thats the question I am dealing with right now!! :wtf:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
wreckless123 said:
I am pretty sure they will bolt up easier to the ASR arms then stock arms. There will be very little if any cutting involved. The next question is if you go +2 on the new arms will the stock 450 shocks need re-valving? Thats the question I am dealing with right now!! :wtf:
LuckyCharlie has them on a set of +2's and he just adjusted the preload. :tup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah I upped the spring preload and had to slow down the compression a little, but there still is room for adjustment on both sides of current compression rate, so I would say that you would not need to revalve. I did not feel that the rebound needed to change from the stock arms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I new, I bought my first yamaha and first ATV its a 02 raptor, I have always been a true honda fan and owned only 3wheelers just got rid of my 81 82 and 86 250r's and decided to buy this raptor I think it was a good deal I really like it, so much power, I have been doing some researching and I think I want to go with the 450 shocks but with a pair of ASR a arms because they sound like they are a good deal and I havent heard any complaints about them, but will the 450 shocks work with them??? there is so much info on this website I could spend all day looking up stuff.
I have a bent a arm so I just figured I would change them.
I know it may require some machining but that isnt a problem
thanks for any info
Does anyone have any pictures of the asr a arms installed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts