Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got to thinkin about racing and sometimes we have accidents and mess our frames up, so i want to know, if you could get a new frame, gusseted just like the walsh kit with 6 point subframe mounts on them, no subframe, but the mounts are there just in case you change your mind, and powdercoated for 925 shipped, would you buy that or just a stock frame for 480 shipped

What would you do?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Your tellin me this a little to late cause i just bought a brand new frame from yamaha i would of much rather done that through you

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i am thinkin even though this would only be for those hardcores out there, i think there would be enough that i could keep 3 in stock and not sit on them for along time, i will have my frame back in 2 weeks, getting this exact same thing done, i will put pics up in this post to show you where and how the mounts are up on it,

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I think it would be appealing to those who plan on sticking with the yfz450 for awhile but also plan on upgrading every year. Its a PIA stripping it down and waiting for this work to be done every winter. It would be nice to have a spare in that instance ready to swap over without the wait as well as paying for it over and over again. That is what I decided to do this winter. And that would also work for the 6pt buck swap too. Just an Idea though- since you are planning to sell this it would be nice to have a serial number. Not a Yamaha one, seen as it is a race frame that has been modified you could make up a race s/n like say Magnolia xxx. I believe the Laeger and Lonestar frames do something like this, just something so if the cops try and get a s/n from you they dont automatically assume it is stolen.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea shannon, I will get a stamp kit and i can actually stamp your vin into that frame, i will call yamaha and hopefully its not a a**load of money to get, but yeah, thats good thinking!

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Sounds like a good idea Bob. :tup:

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
screamin96 said:
Sounds like a good idea Bob. :tup:
I think it is a great idea :nod: I will be buying an '04 YFZ soon and would love to get one of those frames from you....... I just have to get rid of the shee... I hate this shee.... If I didn't buy it, I would have had a YFZ in the garage right now :bk:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
raptorgirl said:
Just an Idea though- since you are planning to sell this it would be nice to have a serial number. Not a Yamaha one, seen as it is a race frame that has been modified you could make up a race s/n like say Magnolia xxx.
Would the serial number change disqualify it as an ATVA-homologated OEM production frame?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RPyfz450 said:
raptorgirl said:
Just an Idea though- since you are planning to sell this it would be nice to have a serial number. Not a Yamaha one, seen as it is a race frame that has been modified you could make up a race s/n like say Magnolia xxx.
Would the serial number change disqualify it as an ATVA-homologated OEM production frame?
Good question, but i am hunting down a punch kit and when someone gets a frame like that from me after i get the kit and decied to do it, i will punch in there vin number in teh frame prolly have to do it like, copy of the MSO and a Drivers Licence or something like that, thats what we get when we sell a quad, cause of all the scams goin on around here, but yeah, figure something liek that would work out

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think Harbor Frieght has an entire punch kit for $7. It was one the front of one of their more recent flyers. If it wan't HF, then it was a Northern Hydraulics flyer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont think it will affect the ama rules. I doubt they would run the vin of your frame and motor to see if they match. When you get a new frame from yamaha do they put your vin on it or do they put a new one?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah new frames from yamaha have no vin on it, there blank, i will invest in one of those punch kits so it shouldnt be a problem, but seems that there would be enough interest for this, so i guess i will do it up :tup:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The AMA production rules on the frames state you can not alter the geometry of the frame, adding material and supports/gussets do not have any affect on the ruling. There are many that run setups like this at the GNC, myself included and they didn't even seem to take any notice of my frame. I had a big yellow daisie on the front gusset that stood out like a soar thumb and they didn't give it a second glance at tech inspection.

·
Registered
113 Posts
bansheebc said:
Ok got to thinkin about racing and sometimes we have accidents and mess our frames up, so i want to know, if you could get a new frame, gusseted just like the walsh kit with 6 point subframe mounts on them, no subframe, but the mounts are there just in case you change your mind, and powdercoated for 925 shipped, would you buy that or just a stock frame for 480 shipped

What would you do?
Cool, I PMed you a while back and asked you about getting me a gussetted and PCed frame and never got an answer. But it's cool, I know you do more than just sit around and read stuff on the internet.

Oh, and what about pro peg mounts? Could they do pro peg mounts that the nerfs I have now will work with? Will the stock subframe still work? Cause if I do that, I'll be broke for a while and won't be able to get the walsh sub frame. What colors are gonna be available? Sorry for all the questions but I am REALLY considering this.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah walsh stuff is way overpriced, the same dude that is doin my frame did my 6 point subframe also i just got the call i will have it back next week, so that rocks, but this dudes 6 point sub will run around 350 maybe less, gotta talk to him see if i can get a little extra break for doin 3 frames at one time, but yes the stock subframe will work also, i just figured to go ahead and put the 6 point mounts on there and in case you tweak your stock sub you can just spend 350 on a 6 point instead a stock one ya know, but the frames are on there way from yamaha and gotta get this guy setup and ready to go

later

·
Registered
182 Posts
bansheebc said:
yeah walsh stuff is way overpriced
what our industry needs is innovators, not immatators. if you actually spent the time to design a product and spend the money in R&D, then maybe you would realize why some parts are "overpriced"

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
muff said:
bansheebc said:
yeah walsh stuff is way overpriced
what our industry needs is innovators, not immatators. if you actually spent the time to design a product and spend the money in R&D, then maybe you would realize why some parts are "overpriced"
oh hit a nerve, not saying its not worth the price, for instance his a-arms and swingarm are worth what you pay, but its the little stuff, like powdercoating, on his site its like 225 275 something like that, thats around 150 bucks more than what you normally pay, and there are a few other things, but this aint a discussion on what i think is to much for something, hell i think 3 dollars for a cam chain gasket is overpriced, this is about who would be intersted in purchasing a frame ready to go for racing, not my opinions

·
Registered
182 Posts
bansheebc said:
oh hit a nerve, not saying its not worth the price, for instance his a-arms and swingarm are worth what you pay, but its the little stuff, like powdercoating, on his site its like 225 275 something like that, thats around 150 bucks more than what you normally pay, and there are a few other things, but this aint a discussion on what i think is to much for something, hell i think 3 dollars for a cam chain gasket is overpriced, this is about who would be intersted in purchasing a frame ready to go for racing, not my opinions
ahh I agree with you there. he's been tryin to work out deals with his powdercoater, but they wont budge on their prices even after all of the work walsh gives them. he will soon be doing practically all of his own machining as well once they move down to florida. Some little stuff can be way overpriced, not really walsh but anyone, heck look at those lsr fenderbrackets. but what gets to me the most was people just copying others in an attempt to make some money, its just not right.

when i first posted i didnt realize powdercoat was included for 925, and that is a good deal. just a heads up, a stock subframe went off on ebay for around $300, sell the frame on there to and you can get bansheebc's setup for only a couple hundred!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
muff said:
bansheebc said:
ahh I agree with you there. he's been tryin to work out deals with his powdercoater, but they wont budge on their prices even after all of the work walsh gives them. he will soon be doing practically all of his own machining as well once they move down to florida. Some little stuff can be way overpriced, not really walsh but anyone, heck look at those lsr fenderbrackets. but what gets to me the most was people just copying others in an attempt to make some money, its just not right.

when i first posted i didnt realize powdercoat was included for 925, and that is a good deal. just a heads up, a stock subframe went off on ebay for around $300, sell the frame on there to and you can get bansheebc's setup for only a couple hundred!
Yeah see dude, thats what i was talkin about, hell i like walsh stuff, my boy brian chaler is sponsered by him, i love riding his yfz or crf but sounds to me like he needs his own powdercoating oven but yamaha's price is way high to me on those subframes, there like retail for 451 dollars, now thats high dollar but your right dude alot of people just copy others and that aint getting us nowwhere,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts