Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just got some +2 a arms off ebay and love them now i need new shocks! can i put yfz450 shocks on them and if so how would you shortnen them because i know that an inch to long from measuring anu other good stock shocks that would fit?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep i run the diamond j customs shock conversion kit. It relocates the top mounts so they will fit. I run yfz 450x shocks and they are super plush.

I am actually gonna custom make top adjustable mounts welded to the frame here soon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep here is some pics of it.

They also fit without the kit but it was a bitch to get them compressed and bolted up....

·
Registered
265 Posts
haha thanks man.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I only used green safety paint from the hardware store. But i did degrease it good, sanded it, primed it, painted it white then the green. I put white under it so it would pop more. I plan on getting it pc'd in the future but got to lazy and didnt want to wait o n it

·
Registered
265 Posts
Use an 01 rappy shock
^ what he said. Or you could get any year banshee rear shock, but you will have to mod the airbox a bit to clear for the resivior

·
Registered
265 Posts
Most of the guys i have seen with the 446 kit didnt use there warrior all the time like for trails and such. My warrior will stay right with a 400ex in a drag.... In the corners its all me. I run the 366 kit and love it. Keep in mind though when u bore and/or stroke any motor there is going to be alot more heat, so you may want to do an oil cooler mod at the same time you build the motor. It will save you money in the long run and keep your motor a lil more happier with the oil temps

1 - 20 of 36 Posts