Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father was riding my quad, and stated that it made a loud pop noise. After it made the noise the quad stopped going into gear. The gearing seems to be messed up. Neutral acts like first gear and once you shift into first gear the quad dies. I currently have the quad apart. There appears to be no damage to the gearing, the shifting forks, or any damage to the drum assembly. The gears seem to lock up when you spin them. I have no idea whats going on, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
might not have damaged it. it could have just been stuck between gears or something inspect it close and put it back together. how did the clutch look

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When putting gears back together, in their places they aren't visibly damaged but when I try to turn them or shift them they "bind" while the shift drum is in neutral. Also disassembled the clutch and it looks really good, plenty of life left, no clutch material anywhere in the case. Right now I'm planning on buying a used set of guts on ebay and see if that gets me anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts