Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 2001 yamaha warrior 350 I just purchased. Whenever I try to start it the starter hits hard it has a brand new starter on it and it does not want to start. I checked the spark and there is no spark but u am able to roll start it and it will fire right up! Then I can ride it for a little while maybe 30 minutes or so and I can kill the engine and start it right back up with the electric start. Very weird to me and I have alot of experience with small engines and automotive engines I am a automotive mechanic and I'm just kind of stuck haven't torn into it yet so I'm reaching out to see if anyone had any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
pretty common the factory stators are not great on these machines. i am assuming you have confirmed the battery is good and charged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah put a brand new one in changed the oil cleaned the carb did the valve adjustment. All the simple and quick things I did to it still same issue. But I'm going to buy a new stator and see what it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts