Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a banshee but i want suggestions It's an 03 Yamaha banshee 350. Here are some of the details on it.... it looks great to.

2003 YAMAHA BANSHEE....Bike is well equiped, has many after market options and parts which include : Front has a set of two plus two Alba control arms, DG aluminum front bumper, shock wave shock covers, braided stainless steel extended brake lines, Pro TAPER handle bars, PRO TAPER grips, new hole shot tires, parking brake eliminator, Motion Pro bearings through out bike including control arms , and 5" extended swing arm. Wave brake rotors, stainless steel braided rear brake lines, Works triple rate expansion chambered rear shock, FMF Fatty Headers with FMF power core silencers, V Force 3 reed valves, open K & N air filters (twin), Moose aluminum boost bottle, Vito performance parts in carb's ( needles, springs, slides,and jets ). AC nerf bars, Dura Blue extended and adjustable rear axle, rear skid plate, Pro Madd hand guards, Motion Pro chain slider kit, TM Design works case saver, Moto chain x-ring drive chain, and that is just the bolt on's.

MOTOR SPECS Bored 40 thousanths over, Wisco Pistons, Rings, Bearings, High flow high compression cool head, Aluminum high flow water impellar, transmission shift cam has been installed for smooth shifts, all machine work professionally done. Head is port matched, high compression domes in head. (Balanced and blue printed ), All hop up's and modifications done to maximise performance.

He's asking $2200.00 for it seems very cheap to me but wondering if its a fast and great quad (from what i see it looks fast)

Suggestions and how fast do you think it'd top out at? thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go to the auto parts store buy a compression test gauge and make sure it still has good compression. I am in the process of rebuilding a purchase I made a couple weeks ago. $30-$40 tester will save you a lot of time and money.

I might be wrong but I am new to the banshee scene but isn't .040 over the biggest you can go before you have to resleeve it?? I could be wrong o this.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
I might be wrong but I am new to the banshee scene but isn't .040 over the biggest you can go before you have to resleeve it?? I could be wrong o this.
Nope. Once you get to about .080, then you are pretty much on your last bore, so at .040, he should have a few bores left.

I would also find out what domes are in it and what he has been running for fuel. Also find out if the timing has been advanced and if the stock crank has been trued/welded.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking to buy a banshee but i want suggestions It's an 03 Yamaha banshee 350. Here are some of the details on it.... it looks great to.

He's asking $2200.00 for it seems very cheap to me but wondering if its a fast and great quad (from what i see it looks fast)

Suggestions and how fast do you think it'd top out at? thanks
this bike is a "SCAM" its in every major city on craigslist...believe me he has no# I know its all emails...I buy and sell banshees like you wouldn't believe & this guys a fraud...

look in los angeles and new york, total opposite ends of the US I check for pricing on banshees and see this guys bike everywhere...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts