what is everything i need for it,
crank, rod, piston i know for sure,
does this come with a wrist pin , rings,
or do i need to order them aswell.
thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
PM BansheeBC. He's a Yamaha dealer and he told me 355 for everything you need. He said that included gaskets and everything.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought the Kit from BansheeBC, it had everything I needed. All in all it had the pistion, rings, crank, left side cover seal, right side cover seal, clutch cover seal, wrist pins for piston, and the Yamabond gasket sealer. I might have forgotten something but you get the point. It had everything.

J

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i live in canada so i was thinking shipping might be an issue due to the weight, does anyone know approx what that package from bansheebc weighs so i can at least get an idea what the shipping costs will be,

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bob ships all over the world.
Its my understanding you dont want a yz piston, unless you add a spacer.
Its my understanding the WR and YZ piston have a diffrent wristpin location. Thats what makes Bobs deal so sweet. Just drop in and go.
These are not Yamaha factory trained specs, just what i have learned.

·
Registered
91 Posts
pro450 said:
i would use a cp piston from ron woods you will need to buy a yz dirt bike piston $268
You can't use CP piston with WR crank they are diff.
only YZ or WR (same piston) with WR Crank, and should be from 2004 model

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm using WR crank with YZ490 big bore kit.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That is correct you can use a CP,wiseco or whoever makes pistons, just make sure its for a yz/wr dirtbike with 18mm wrist pin, and your good to go, i just supply the factory piston because its most of the time what people want, 12.5:1 compression, and there inexpensive, so its coo, package only weighs about 9 pounds i would say, and shipping to canada is not a problem, i can use ups or post office, just takes a little longer with the post office

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts