Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
edgerat said:
you got the wrong folks trying it :)

you need to talk to a buddy of mine that ran a twin turbo banshee up pikes peak ;) hehe he can doot it no problem
A 100hp two stroke banshee engine is another story altogether, not to mention a turbo or twin turbo setup. I'm getting the feeling you arent sure about what you are talking about.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 727 raptor is build by kenz plus KMS EFI/turbo its hit 100+. I believe 508 Dogrider's + KMS turbo/EFI... it will hit 100.

I know that another company r working also on a turbo kit (no EFI here) for the yfz... they already made a turbo for 450r and kfx700.

The 450r with that turbo hit 70-80 hp.

I will check KMS and the another company and i will let u know guys

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I was under the impression that the 727/efi/turbo was not reliable enough to run, and that it was sold to someone who had the patientce and time to get it going. I didnt know it was up and going, unless there is more than one of these bikes running around.

I know kms advertises something like 85 hp on the turbo/efi setup on a rap. Powroll and others have claimed 100hp bikes, but I've never seen a dyno run to prove them, or seen them actually run off the dyno. Any more info you can dig up is great, I'm anxious to learn whats up.

I still dont see a standard bore/stroke yfz making 100hp, even on turbo and efi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TURBO WOULD BE SWEEEEEEET!
with the high redline you could have an awesome power band
for safety measures you would probably have to drop the compression alittle bit and beef up the bottom end for that non stip unforgiving punishment that a turbo and all that horse would but on it...
EFI obviously a must
but i bet you could get over 100 horse with the right setup
gonna run at least 4000 for all the external motor setup and hardware and to do it right you would want to set up the motor and clutch internally for a turbo so you looking at a few more thousand...
it would be sick though!

NOS is way cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Nos is cheaper

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was under the impression that the 727/efi/turbo was not reliable enough to run, and that it was sold to someone who had the patientce and time to get it going. I didnt know it was up and going, unless there is more than one of these bikes running around.

I know kms advertises something like 85 hp on the turbo/efi setup on a rap. Powroll and others have claimed 100hp bikes, but I've never seen a dyno run to prove them, or seen them actually run off the dyno. Any more info you can dig up is great, I'm anxious to learn whats up.

I still dont see a standard bore/stroke yfz making 100hp, even on turbo and efi.
Nos is cheaper but real easy way to blow your shit up

21 - 27 of 27 Posts