Blue Traxx Forum banner

Would You Guys Paint Your Aluminum Rims Black??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I wanted to know if you would ever paint your aluminum rims black? I wanted to paint my warrior rims black because I think it would look nice. I know it takes a lot of time but just wanted to know here on BT what you think.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ya it looks nice until you ride it then it all chips off, I've done it and removed it right away

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if you sand the rims down will it still chip of. Paint dosent stick well to aluminum so i think I have to Sand down all my rims so it will stick

·
Registered
586 Posts
It still didn't stick,only way is to powder coat them but even then they'll chip

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
if you're trail riding, i think they'll chip any which way you do it. the only thing i've seen hold up okay are the painted hubs. some of my friends have had luck just doing the hubs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea my hubs are already black don't know if that's stock or not but I guess I'll keep the aluminum. There a little dirty however:: any way to polish them up a little?

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
If you can find an etching primer for aluminum and use a very thin coat of paint it will hold better. Like the others say it will chip eventually.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would you guys suggest to really polish up my rims there kinda dirty. Washed it and they where still dirty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
there is a specific rim cleaner out there. use the same one you would use on your car

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just use plastidip from lowes. That way if you don't like it you can just peel it off and no harm to your rims.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Plasti Dip them

Not permanent. Can be peeled off- when you want it. yes- if you rub had against something it can come off. Many vids on Youtube about it. My GTI has bad sunfade on roof, so I did the roof about 3 weeks ago. And I did my rim on YFZ blue. I bought the blue off ebay, but found later that Lowes has spray colors, no black, yet Home Depot has black.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts