Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Raptor w/ the usual bolt ons and +2 arms w/ +2 swingarm. I just fully upgraded my suspension with elka SSD and want to ditch the stock tires/wheels. I have an idea of the kind of tires I want (Razr2 or Klaw) but not sure if I should go with 22" front and 20" rear OR 23" front and 22" rear. Secondly If I go with a 22" rear tire would I be better off with a 10" rim? I am worried about 22" tire being a little sloppy on a 9" rim.

Are baja rims really worth the extra money? I was thinking about getting some C-series rims to save money. I know the C series weighs about 8lbs per rim what about the Baja??

Final question is regarding weight. Is there a big weight difference between 22"tires on 10" rim vs. 20"tire on 9"rim?

I really could use the extra ground clearance since trees, roots and giant rocks are always blocking my path but don't want to run too heavy of a setup that I lose performance.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
im not sure bout everything else.. but if im setting my bike up for cc

i would def run 22's in the rear.. razr2's r really nice

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW - I did search the user forums and didn't really see a direct answer for 22" on 9" vs. 10" rim. I am starting to think I should just go with the 22" front and 20" rear in order to keep the suspension predictable.

I know there are a thousand "should I go 20" or 22" " threads but none seemed to have suspension work. My concern is how a 23" front and 22" rear would effect that...

Also can't find the weight differences in the itp rims anywhere. I emailed ITP so I will be sure to post what I receive back..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone riding 23"/22" with similar setup? or know how the ride would be on a rear 22" tire on a 10" vs 9" rim?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
This might not help much but it doesn't seem like this thread is getting a lot of action. I have a 2002 Rap with an aftermarket pipe and wheel spacers in the rear. Other then that my bike is stock.

I have been running a 23" front with a 20" rear for the dry weather and whenever it rains I slap a set of 22" on the rear. I really like the 23" front for trail riding but have some issues with the 22" rear tires. The fronts are Klaws and the rear 22" are Knarlys. The Knarlys are way to big for ordinary trail riding. They are a round tire and they are so big that they hit my heel guards when riding. Also the thick sidewall seems very wobblely which is why I go back to the 20" whenever the weather is good.

I am currently in the process of buying a set of 20" Knarlys to put on the rear. I have been told that they are closer to a 21" tire due to them being rounded. I assume that a 10" rim would cut down on the amount of wobble in your tires but how much I don't know.

Hopefully this helps some.

·
Registered
307 Posts
stick with 20's on the rear, like was already said; "They're about 21" tall".

·
Registered
360 Posts
i raced the hole D6 hare scramble series and it was on 21front 20 rears.
but next year 22 fronts and i will stay with 20 rear except at the Jack Frost
and Clifford races. just due to all the rocks i will run 22 rear. and i run razor 2s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I been to Jack Frost before and DAMN is that place rocky. Thanks for all the help fellas i am going to stick w/ 22" front & 20" rears. May experiment wtih 22"s later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts