Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to this page but not atvs but just got a 08 450 that came non running .... i replaced the stater ,starter relay, solenoid and battery and i get nothing from the start button not even a click but i can jump the solenoid and it will start and run any ideas of what i should look for next ? i pulled apart the switch it looks fine and ran a jumper wire to bypass the button also with no luck of it turning over any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
neutral switch and then you will have to work back on the small red and blue trigger wires on the solenoid to figure out where the broken wire is.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
not likely if your neutral light comes on then the start circuit is generally good. are you getting a signal to the small red and blue wires on the solenoid

·
Registered
48 Posts
generally tied to the CDI which grounds the start inhibit relay turning it on. this is the way it used to be, yours is a little newer than what I usually see. what you need it the wiring schematic to know for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not trying to hijack post, but by answering my question, it should be the solution to OP. Or at least give some insight since same issue.
Basically, the solution is a jumper/bypass wire located under the seat. My 2004 YFZ450 had one in place when I bought it...but long story short: I pulled this wire in a panic because the quad started smoking (and could smell the burning wires) while quad was still in the back of my truck upon pulling into my driveway, just 20 minutes after I purchased it.
The original owner had showed me the wire just 30 minutes prior, stating that it had to be there in order for it to run (could’ve said Start, don’t recall now).
So when the quad was smoking, I disconnected one end of the bypass/jumper wire but not the other. I will (try) to attach a picture showing the known end thats attached - it’s basically just shoved down inside the connector in order to make contact with the Black w/Yellow stripe wire.
The other end has a round solderless connection, and had to go onto 1 of 4 locations. That’s the million dollar question, where?
1. Positive battery terminal.
2. Negative battery terminal.
3. The positive side of the Relay. (And closest to the positive battery terminal) - and #3 is basically the same as #1 so that eliminates one of the options by being redundant.
4. The “other side” of the relay. (Closer to the negative battery terminal).

I don’t want to take a chance and fry any electronics, because the quad starts and runs great if I jump the 2 relay terminals with a screwdriver (yes, with the switches and ignition all on), but the quad will NOT start by pressing the Start button - and it did before pulling this wire.
What happens is, Key on = green Neutral light on but red temperature light off. Press Start button, green light remains lit and now red light illuminates as long as start button is depressed, red light off when start button released).

So anyone have an idea where that round solderless connector most likely came off from? That’s seems to be a jumper/bypass for a circuit to make the start button function as meant to.
Thanks much.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts