Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 07 Wolverine 450 with 800ish miles . It runs great except when its first started. I have to leave the choke half on for a good 5 minutes after i start it to it bogs down and just stalls out. once it gets warmed up it will start no problem without the choke....maybe its fine? i just feel like it used to idle normal a lot quicker and another atv i had in the past only required the choke to get it started then i could turn it off....does my carb need cleaning? does the choke maybe need to be adjusted? i dont know lol any help is appreciated! One more thing...it has an aftermarket GYTR exhaust from the previous owner and as far as i know thats the only mod. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Wolverine has exactly the same problem. Same exhaust too. Stripping the carb down tomorrow night. Will let you know if it sorts it. I power washed mine before I put it away. It was running great before that. Lots of water in the air filter so I dont know if thats the cause yet.

·
8,530 Posts
The aftermarket pipe is probably the issue, not enough fuel on the bottom end. You can try adjusting the air/fuel screw out a turn. If you have to go much more than one turn out to make it run better you should put one size bigger pilot jet in it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tommy k: did cleaning the carb out help?

diggerzmound: thanks for the advice. much appreciated! I don't know too much about working on ATV's...I'm pretty new to it... Do you or does anyone know where the air/fuel screw is? I don't want to mess anything up lol Thanks

·
8,530 Posts
I googled it real quick, and its not a beginner project. It looks like they pilot jet has a welch plug that will have to be drilled before you can adjust it. The carburetor will need to be removed, and then thread a screw into a small hole into the brass plug to wiggle it out. Then you can access the screw.
Before:

After - attached labeled pilot screw

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks....i found that on google too but was hoping it was easier than that lol...definitely not a beginner project...with my luck I'll drill the wrong fitting and spring a gas leak lol

·
8,530 Posts
If your carb looks just like the first one above you won't have to drill, just screw a wood screw in the little hole in the plug just below the big gold phillips screw in the picture, and then wiggle it out. If yours doesn't have the small hole drill one, just dont go too deep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts