Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
It will, but you would need all of the electronics to go with it. Including the stator, so pretty much anything that plugs into the harness.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Personally if its just a single wire with no other damage, Id just replace the wire itself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The harness to the CDI looks good it's closer to the quick connect on the relay and about half way down its more worn through the armor than fried and that's the plan right now just rebuild the wires that need replacing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
is there only one wire youre thinking of replacing? you should just swap to the other harness...i think it runs the same up to 1995 or 1996... thats when the plugs start changing...the main worry is the stator plug..if it matches with the good harness then you should go for the change everything else like the cdi, rectifier relay switches and other electric parts are minor parts to swap out ...try also ebay ...i got my harness there for like $35...take a picture of your stator plug maybe i got a match at home i'll gladly sell one at a real cheap price too...

·
Registered
203 Posts
is there only one wire youre thinking of replacing? you should just swap to the other harness...i think it runs the same up to 1995 or 1996... thats when the plugs start changing...the main worry is the stator plug..if it matches with the good harness then you should go for the change everything else like the cdi, rectifier relay switches and other electric parts are minor parts to swap out ...try also ebay ...i got my harness there for like $35...take a picture of your stator plug maybe i got a match at home i'll gladly sell one at a real cheap price too...
87-88 are for sure different harnesses and I believe 89 is to. 90-95 is another. 96 is its own if I remember correctly. 97-01 is another. 02-04 is the final change since thats when they ended. all have different plug styles for the most part.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that's not a bad deal, Where you from? I found a 94's from a local scrap yard for 60 supposed to be a straight swap I'm gonna go take a look when I get back from camp. And found out the neutral relay is the same that most vehicles use for a sunroof now just to locate a make lol. And see what comes next I tested the stator I got 198 ohms so I hope this is tolerable.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Medium flat rate box to Canada is about $30, Ive shipped to Canada a few times!! LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts