Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed on Friday at winchester bay. Thank god i didn't crash on my new z400. :oops: I got to ride the new one for about 10-15 mins, got on the warrior and crashed. What happened was down in winchester bay the sand dunes have razorbacks. Meaning you go up a hill and its straight down. So i was in third gear and i came up over a hill and i saw it went straight down. I tried to down shift, but didnt' slow down. So i yanked up on the handlebars trying to get the front end up. But again no luck. I endoed on the right side. I have about four scratches on my neck from my helmet and my right hand is swollen, iwht a cut on my thumb next to my nuckle. Pretty much my whole body is sore moving my hand left to right hurts really bad. I went to the doctor yesterday and they took a x-ray nothing is broken just badly bruised. I also got a tentanus (SP) shot because i cant remember the last time i got one. She gave me a splint to wear as much as possible but there is no way i can write with it on at work. I tried when i first got to work and my handwritting looks like a 2 yr olds. Anyways i had fun sitting at camp, and relaxing. As for riding the z400 i love it. Love the power and love how i can wheelie up a hill without yanking up on the handlebars. :tup:

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dont tell me that!!!! We are planning a trip to ST anthony's in April. Over spring break!! :s96: I guess i will have to be riding around like a beginner. :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
warriorqueen said:
Oh dont tell me that!!!! We are planning a trip to ST anthony's in April. Over spring break!! :s96: I guess i will have to be riding around like a beginner. :oops:
Just take it easy there and you'll be fine. The hardest part is figuring out how to go slow over the top of a razor so ya don't launch off the back side. (Thunder Mountain comes to mind). You will have fun. :nod:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Razor backs are a *itch. Starscream can testify to witches eyes(following a rb and the end has a wind blown hole). I love St. Anthony. Like all riding, there is a certain learning curve. Let me know when you are getting ready to go in april. I've got a bunch of guys that would probly go. Just a for warning though, we were there last april and it was cold, still snowy, and rainy. Try and wait for memorial weekend in May. Its a great time to be up there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm not sure, but with all the sand up there, why would anyone want to ride on a road? :wtf:

·
Registered
674 Posts
you will be riding quite a while for gas and food. the nearest town to egan lakes is about 7-10 miles if i remember right.

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i had to go to the doc again yesterday my fingers where going num and my fingers where purple. They took 4 more x-rays and said my hand is to swollen still to see if its sprained. He did say thou if i did sprain it in the area that hurts the most that is the hardest bone to heal right. So i'm in a different braise now, and i have to wear it as much as possible to stabilize my hand/wrist. :tdown: :s96:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Sounds like what NitrousGuy did at SL!

Glad you are ok WQ!

·
Registered
795 Posts
warriorqueen said:
I crashed on Friday at winchester bay. Thank god i didn't crash on my new z400. :oops: I got to ride the new one for about 10-15 mins, got on the warrior and crashed. What happened was down in winchester bay the sand dunes have razorbacks. Meaning you go up a hill and its straight down. So i was in third gear and i came up over a hill and i saw it went straight down. I tried to down shift, but didnt' slow down. So i yanked up on the handlebars trying to get the front end up. But again no luck. I endoed on the right side. I have about four scratches on my neck from my helmet and my right hand is swollen, iwht a cut on my thumb next to my nuckle. Pretty much my whole body is sore moving my hand left to right hurts really bad. I went to the doctor yesterday and they took a x-ray nothing is broken just badly bruised. I also got a tentanus (SP) shot because i cant remember the last time i got one. She gave me a splint to wear as much as possible but there is no way i can write with it on at work. I tried when i first got to work and my handwritting looks like a 2 yr olds. Anyways i had fun sitting at camp, and relaxing. As for riding the z400 i love it. Love the power and love how i can wheelie up a hill without yanking up on the handlebars. :tup:
did you stay at discovery point, or out by day-use?

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We stayed in the campground called marina (i believe. It was across the street from windy cove. Basically when you are driving on that road and you see all of hte sail boats out on the water and the boats are on your left. You go over a bridge and the next right is where we camped. We could not start our quads on the pavements. If you had to start it you had to put it on a trailer. It had about 100 slots. They were pretty close to each other. Every slot had a table and a bbq/firepit. Showers were free, and also had a laundry room. I wish they had a hot tub. I would of been all over that.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hope you heal quickly. Was I able to convince you to wait until Memorial? With as hard a winter as we'll have this year, I'm almost positive that the sand will be snowy and hard as a rock. I have to travel about 6 hrs to get there, and it was a let down when we were there in april.

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess the plan is now, is go back to winchester in Feb, and st anthonys in May (i believe). I think the drive for us is 12 hours!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
i did the same thing last year at buttercup dunes. i was flying down this trail and got to a hill and at the top it droped off and it was like a v, so i nailed the back side of it adn went over teh handle bars. i was sore like you also, but dont worry it will feel better in a month or so :lol: glad your ok though :tup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts