Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not plan on getting a new truck for a couple of years yet. Does anyone have a Ford Ranger? Just wondering on how it will fit in the truck. Does the tail gate have to be down? What size ramps are needed? Should I get bigger ramps for future? Or can you survive without ramps for such a small truck? Will nerf bars be a problem with wheel wells? Can the back window break real easy or is there something I should do to prevent?

My wife informed me she is buying me my Raptor for Christmas, and I just want to have my ducks in order.

Anyone with a small truck please let me know any problems that I could expect, or your experiences. Thanks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
i have a mazda b2300 which is basically a ford ranger, raptor fits in perfect, only hard part when one person loading is wheel wells, but thats cause i don't use a ramp

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's promising! Thanks STooK00.

Let me see if I can figure out how to load it by yourself. You pick up the front end and set it on tailgate then push from behind and over the wheel wells?

Love all your toys by the way STooK00.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
yea, mine fit in my motor builders......

·
Registered
568 Posts
well i've tried a few different ways to load since i just got the truck and haven't got ramps yet.

I used a dip in my yard to reverse the truck into so it was lower to the ground, put the front end on the tailgate, it takes 2 people to load this way as one person has to lift over the front wheels and the other pushes from the grab bar.

I next tried a mulch pile in my yard, backed into it with the tailgate down, and drove right on. It was easy until the rear wheels dug in. But dirt should be easier. this was the fastest way with no help.

i also tried wooden ramps, but my tires spun out the board and that was a bad move as the quad hit the tailgate hard and snapped the tailgate support cables.

I then started taking the tailgate off, using the wooden ramps on the step bumper, with something in front of the ramps on the ground to stop them from moving, and this works good as well.

All this hard work because them damn wheel wells makes it tough, but it can be done. I'll take a pic tomorrow of the bed, so you can get an idea if the nerfs will interfer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! Sounds like I have nothing to worry about.

If it fits like a glove do you use tie downs?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have hauled mine in a toyota, s-10 f-250 super duty, dodge dakota, ford courier and a bunch more....

Obviously the fullsizes and the dakota were the easiest because the whee wells were not a problem.

You can ride it up with good ramps and ride it up and over the wheel wells, also the front tires hit the truck bed before the bumper hits the window. You would have to hit the front of the bed pretty hard to make contact with the window

Also, I would tie it down no matter how good of fit..... I always do, tires can compress and if you hit the brakes on the road hard you cant make contact with the window or dent the fron of the bed (buddy got in an accident and his raptor did a number on the front of his truck bed because he only had it tied to the front, not from the back....

As you can see, i like tie downs:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice loading NateDiggity.

I actually got to thinking about loading because I have been getting excited about the Raptor, but I saw a full size Dodge loaded nicely today. He had a rack of some sort that was flush with the top of his bed and it had two jigged up 400EXs on top with paddle tires. It was also towing a small folding RV trailer. Someone was going to enjoy Thanksgiving at the Dunes! The cool thing about the rack deal was I have seen ones where the quads are parrellel with the truck, but this one was perpendicular and really didn't stick out the sides at all like the parrellel one.

I think what I will do is get one thing at a time. Quad first and accessories as I go. Probably appreciate the accessories more that way anyways.

·
Registered
106 Posts
if u dont care just take a sledge hammer and bang out your wheel wells....i did it now it fits in perfect......and sam has a good 3 piece ramp for like 100...thats hat i dont and its all good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts