Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I've heard this come up before. I wish someone would seriously look into it because I would really like to know.

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
It would seem to me that you would at least have to machine the hole at the top of the case larger?

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Maybe not. Only thing going through the hole at the top of the case is the connecting rod, not the piston. I think it may still be ok as long as the oil channels and cam channel line up. That is unless I am forgetting something.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have never heard of a big bear cylinder being used :???:

But when fst was making warrior 500 kits, they used a kodiak sleeve. But they still used a warrior cylinder. I don't think, just by looks anyway that the big bear cylinder would work.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
but can you still use the warrior head?

·
Registered
255 Posts
You can still use the Warrior head. You would have to use the longer kodiak/big bear 400 timing chain too.

Why bother? All you're doing is increasing your deck height and decreasing your compression, unless you're using a higher compression piston, or longer rod.

·
Super Moderator
8,505 Posts
Tinker said:
You can still use the Warrior head. You would have to use the longer kodiak/big bear 400 timing chain too.

Why bother? All you're doing is increasing your deck height and decreasing your compression, unless you're using a higher compression piston, or longer rod.
And to use a longer rod u have to clearance the crank case.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ok but say if you did use the 12:1 piston with the Warrior rod and the Kodiak cyclinder where would we be then?

·
Super Moderator
8,505 Posts
Short alot of time for alot of goofing around?!

·
Registered
253 Posts
The only reason I used the kodiak cyl. was so we could build more power because of the longer rod to stroke ratio. We also stroked it 2mm more than my 435 kit. If you use the kodiak cyl. you will have to stroke it to get your deck hight right.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Hey mickey, I forget. Whats the perfect rod ratio. Me and a mechanic were talking about it the other day and he got real annoyed when he couldnt remember and got too lookin for his notes and couldnt find them either. Isint it 1.95 or something?

·
Registered
34 Posts
the bore is exactly the same, 83mm. the stroke is the difference and i looked it up to find that the big bear crank is totally different than a warrior, additionally the bore is only 386 i think, you may be able to get there with just a bore, it would have to be 87mm or about .080 over and that would put you at about 383 and you could have je make you a piston for it so you would probably be looking at 10.75 compression. all of that and it wouldnt kill your revability like the longer stroke would

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
wow thats a great idea, if it worked that would be great, and i know what a lot of people would do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts