Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading some of the threads bout exhausts and the GYT-R, there doesnt seem to be much love for them. i remember reading an ATV magazine and they compared 30?? exhausts on a YFZ450 and the GYT-R finished second in peak hp. that seems very respectable to me. so... why so much hate for this fine exhaust? my quad is bone stock right now and will most likely get a GYT-R in the coming months.
kinda like with Yoshimura.. use it on a Suzuki.

I got a GYT-R on my 2004 R6 and if its good enough for the Factory Boys (Jamie Hacking, Damon Buckmaster, Aaron Gobert and Jason DiSalvo), then its good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
The main problem I see with the GYT-R exhaust is that they are not built very well and tend to crack and fall apart. As far as the factory teams using them, sure they are going to use Yamaha parts on a Yamaha factory team. Why do you think they are supporting the team in the first place..........to sell their product.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have an gytr exhaust, it works great but the carbon fiber is starting to get worn and crack. Go with something like Sparks, or Duncan. You wont be sorry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is holding up well so far except for a couple of bolts that came up that I had to replace. Just make sure to check the bolts every now and then...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh... any of you got a picture of your carbon fiber exhaust? i want the carbon fiber one for the simple fact that ive got that on my R6 and would look sweet having matching exhausts. however, nothing else on the quad is black so the aluminum would seem like the more "matching" choice. i want pics. you can email directly if thats easier... [email protected] thanks!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Man there aint nothing wrong with GYTR exhaust, i have them on both my YFZ's and wouldnt use anything else, i have checked out sparks, hmf, white bros and i can defintally tell you the low end on the GYTR is noticably diffrent compared to those pipes, i can tell the GYTR has a harder hit on bottom, but doesnt carry that well on top, but who needs top end when your MX;ing

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got the GYT-R aluminum exhaust and SS header about 10 months ago, and am still lovin it! No cracks or problems of any sort, looks good, sounds good, and awesome power.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Thats cool you guys are having good luck with the GYT-R pipes. I was not trying to diss the GYT-R just relaying what I had heard several times on the Raptor forum and a few people at Croom. Good luck on what ever you get and ride on :tup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got the GYT-R aluminum exhaust and SS header about 10 months ago, and am still lovin it! No cracks or problems of any sort, looks good, sounds good, and awesome power.
couldn't have said it better myself... i race gncc's and never had an issue w/ my pipe. tons of bottom end w/ full system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My yoshi ti has tons of top end and plenty of bottom end.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool.... thanks for all the replies and to the ones who sent me pictures. i want to get the carbon fiber one so it would match the R6, but there really isnt anything else on the bike thats a dark color, so i think ill get the aluminum one. it'll save me 100 bux. thanks again fellas.... now jetting?? haha... :razz: ill do a search and come up with something clever. thanks again!

·
Registered
252 Posts
sparky80 said:
cool.... thanks for all the replies and to the ones who sent me pictures. i want to get the carbon fiber one so it would match the R6, but there really isnt anything else on the bike thats a dark color, so i think ill get the aluminum one. it'll save me 100 bux. thanks again fellas.... now jetting?? haha... :razz: ill do a search and come up with something clever. thanks again!
hey bud that was me that sent u the pics, just trying to give u a heads up :tup: i think your making a good decision with the alumminum

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah... them pics were very helpful.

what part of NOR CAL you from? all my buddies ride KFX 400's and theyre just not "cool" compared to my 450... :razz:

·
Registered
252 Posts
sparky80 said:
yeah... them pics were very helpful.

what part of NOR CAL you from? all my buddies ride KFX 400's and theyre just not "cool" compared to my 450... :razz:
im in san jose, your not far well have to hook up sometime :tup: where do u primarily ride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts