Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1770 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am more or less taking this idea from RIDER11X , who did this with the balsters and there was some prity sweet pics, i was just wondering what we have for warriors going around hear, so post em

·
8,529 Posts
I think carcass owns the BADDEST looking Warrior on the boards here.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, i found that second pic on another site once and d-loded it and it has been my brack ground for msn for like 2 weeks or so, but i aggre that is a sweet looking warrior, i have never seen the first pic befor, i wonder if he has any more

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
How do I post pics with a reply? I've got 'em on my computer, but not individually on a website.[/img]

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
My pics above...the blue one is my '00 Warrior (that's me on it). I figure I'll probably get a 'what all's done to it' question, so here goes...no headlights, custom aluminum cover to fill the notch left when I took them off (you don't need 'em in MX, and I didn't wanna destroy 'em if and when I flipped it). LoneStar +2 arms, Douglas +1 offset front wheels and +2 offset rear wheels, Lonestar +2+4 axle (the rear measures 49 & 1/2 inches...AMA legal is 50"...hehehehe), Works triple rates with rezzy's on the front, braided brake lines, Renthal bars, twist throttle (I grew up racing a YZ80), shaved front fenders of course, ported top end, White Bros. .390 lift cam and heavy duty valve springs with aluminum retainers, ProFlow filter adapter with a UNI filter (port-matched to the airbox tube), no airbox lid and several holes in the box, jetted, custom grooved Turf Tamers on the rear, grooved MX radials on the front (mounted since the pic), swingarm from an '87 Warrior (3/4 of an inch longer than the stock newer models, modified for strength), DG aluminum nerfs and front bumper and full exhaust system. Lengthened, widened and end-kicked-up footpegs (nobody makes them, so I built my own). Runs VP red race gas and eats the schnozz off of most of the 300EXs, 250X's, Mojave's and 350X-motored quads I run with. I've even been accused (good-naturedly) by some 400EX riders of having a Four Stroke Tech 440 kit on it, because "That thing doesn't run like a regular Warrior" It's a demon. Pulls like crazy out of the corners.

I'm working on a set of 250r-radiator-style scoops for under the tank to direct more air across the head. Those'll be done tonight.

I'd like to think I keep it looking good. There certainly aren't too many around here like it, and I get a lot of looks at the track.

The white on was my step-son's Warrior. He recently decided he wanted to race a bike, so the Warrior was sold to make room and funds for a RM250.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :tup: thats a NICE warrior :tup: :tup: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :kickass:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm gonna guess that it weighs in somewhere around 370. Stock dry weight is 398, and the wheels, tires and arms are lighter than the stock stuff. But that's just an educated guess. The singarm on the 87 & 88's is different from the 89-ups. They will interchange in where they mount to the frame, the shock linkage and the shock mounting point. The difference is in the axle carrier and brake hub and rotor. The carrier and rotor from one range (like 87-88 OR 89-up) won't mount in the swingarm from the other range (the lower mounting holes are located differently. However, you can generally find the parts fairly cheaply on eBay. I think that the swingarm from a Banshee will bolt into the frame, and is shorter, but I dunno if the Warrior carrier and stuff will fit it.

And a word of caution to those wanting to put the earlier swingarm in the later Warriors: The additional length is in the 'fingers' that hold the carrier, not the body of the swingarm. This makes it weaker and more succeptible to bending when put under serious stress, like MX.. I have developed the parts and method to strengthen it to alleviate this issue. Trailriding, you'd be OK, but hard use and I'd bet it'll bend. That's why Yamaha changed it in '89.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my list of mods above...Wiseco 10.25:1 piston, ShockWears and blue metallic frame paint. And I painted the swinarm to look like it's silvervein powdercoat like the A-arms. Notice in the one race pic that the front suspension is almost completely unloaded and the one wheel is of the ground...that's how hard this thing pulls.

And MrS...if you come across any rear tires I can get hold of real real cheap, lemme know. I wouldn't mind playing with flat track & TT a bit. But my main interest is MX, so I don't wanna put much in the tires and such.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It's not weak under normal stress, and I wouldn't think that TT or flat track is gonn aput any serious stress on it. I mean, not like jumping a 40 foot double lap after lap after lap. I'd think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Nice. :nod: Vey nice :nod:

·
Registered
455 Posts

I don't think mine is the best looking, but I do think it's a cool looking woods racer. :evil:

I have the .450 cam, JE piston and port/polish from ALWAYZ. My friend's KFX400 will only pull away when my suspension can't handle the rocks...now if I had long travel that would be different!

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Hey Mascman, Ho much additional fuel storage do you get with that tank? Does it add a gallon, or is it more along the lines of double the capacity?

·
Registered
799 Posts
hey warrior 777...............is that warrior from hardyville KY, sure does look familiar, and warrior racer thats one of the nicest warriors I have ever seen, I thought about a similar set up on mine before I bought the raptor, now I wish I would have the raptor is a major pain in the ass, you ever take it to Turkey Bay?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I think they are 4.0 gal. tanks. You can get Works 3-rate w/rezzies either from Works and have them custom built or he could've had them from a Raptor or Banshee since they mount up the same with longer a arms.

1 - 20 of 1770 Posts