Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some new treads, these POS dunlaps are practically bald and im looking to hook up better and not spin as bad to get the holeshot. i ride trails and open spots like hill climbs and stuff, also jump.

What do you guys sugest? i was thinking ITP holeshots since there 6 ply and weigh less than Razr's.

-YFM

EDIT: I cant make a new post so ill just edit

I dont know what to pick, I want something hard, that will last, but something thats gonna grip like hell. I ride alot of trails and loose stuff, with some road riding. I just dont want my new tires to wear.

I got the money, just gotta decide.

I'm thinking either razr 2's, holeshot hd's, or kendaklaws or knarleys...

anything else i should consider?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
well I cant speak about holeshots. My razrs lasted for 3 years so far. But I wouldnt go with 22s on a warrior. Takes to much power away.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Kenda Klaws!!

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Go with the Klaws like OCR said. I got these tires after OCR recomended them to me and i couldnt thank him more. These tires are completely awesome, hook up in anything i could want them to and wear great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
forget holeshots

i've rode on them and if it gets remotely sloppy the pack up like a set of slicks. the razor2's were nice, i can't tell you how long the last i traded up and put 22" mud machines on my raptor and ran them for a year with a lot of road ridin and they still look almost new

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have 20" Razr's on my raptor and I'm happy with their traction and wear.

I used to have 22" Bearclaws. They provided nice traction with slide capabilities and the added ground clearance was nice too.

With a 22" rear, I would recommend going up to a 23" front tire so the quad is level, more stable.

Ice

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Go with a set of 20x11x9 Kenda Klaws XCR's, they hook up great, I ride most of the same stuff it sounds that you do and I love them. Here's a shot of them on my warrior. By the way, you could buy a set of those at put them on your stock rims, they will fit. :tup:

bike is so dirty wow I need to wash it.. :shrug:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah go with teh Klaws XCR :tup: The nice thing about them is they are reversible so you can reverse them for like sand or snow. In my case it's snow and I have to say they work very good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just ordered my Klaws the other day I cant wait to try them out :rock:

·
Registered
559 Posts
just got my razr 2's damn do they look like they'll hook up i'll let you know when i try them as for the klaws yes they are cheap yes they last long but you lose traction b/c of the harder compond idk just what i think

·
Registered
854 Posts
im getting holeshot h-d's front and rear soon, 20 11 8 in the rear and 21 7 10 in the front, a guy i know has th4em on his 400ex and they look new cuz they have like zero wear on them from riding this past summer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts