Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock shocks on my banshee. I am ready for an upgrade. I ride 95% in the sand. I weigh 170lbs. I love whoops and medium jumps. Any recommendations? I am on a budget so I am not looking for top of the line. I need something that is an significant upgrade but wont make me poor. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Well, Works shocks are the cheapest aftermarket shocks, then for a little more you can get TCS, which are very good. But, you can also get a set of used YFZ450 shocks, which perform very well also, if you're on a real tight budget.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love my works shocks they are soooo much better than stock :nod:

·
Registered
778 Posts
unless your hittin' really big jumps you might not ever get to benefit the tripple rate part of the spring (red). I went w/ dual rate w/ remote rezzies and can add that for the $ you can't go wrong. night/day to stock shocks.
-also consider selling your stockers to apply that towards what you will spend on the new ones

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
But he says he loves whoops, Im sure daul rate would handle them fine, but with tripple rate he can really pound some big whoops, and them dune whoops are brutal. Trip rate ive come close to bottoming , i dont jump too big. The Shocks were pretty hot though :shrug:
Then again with dual rate you could get rezzies. What ever you get it is such a big improvement.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont think the tripple rate shocks help the hard impacts they just have another light spring to help fine tune it for handleing. The dual rate heavy spring is just as stiff as the tripple

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
parksie said:
I dont think the tripple rate shocks help the hard impacts they just have another light spring to help fine tune it for handleing. The dual rate heavy spring is just as stiff as the tripple
They are a little different springs but they are pretty close. :tup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the feedback so far. You guys are great. I am still undecided between the dual and the triple. I want controlled landings, even if I land on one or two wheels.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Youd Be Fine With Either. Have fun. I just like to know i have 3 springs ready to soak it all up. It gives it quite a bit of travel too. seems like my quad with +2 a-arms sits higher up front with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts