Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, most might know im looking for a new car.

I just got my lisence and came to the conclusion that i love the jeep, but the money in gas is not worth it.
On average i get 230 miles to a full tank. All my friends 4 bangers get about 350-almost 400 on a full tank.

So im looking for you what you would get.

A USED car

my limit is $6000-7000

Needs to be a 4 banger, prefer.
Really dont like fords or chevy.

what would you get?

·
Registered
430 Posts
get you a 86 87 or 88 toyota pickup...with a 4cylinder and a 4 speed or a 5 speed. you will be able to drive for ever on a full tank. i also know you can find one with 4WD... if you want a 4x4. they're very reliable trucks.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Get a Civic. My bros with a 4 banger and 5 speed gets around 40mpg he said. Its a 94 and a 2 door by the way.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Find a Saturn, good little cars! 40+ mpg

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
im sure hes not looking for a saturn... a civic or eclipse will suit you well.. i know you plan on making it faster and dumping more cash into it over time... these are 2 good cars to base it all on... or you can get a integra, maybe even a 240sx :tup: all great cars on gas!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
threewheelin-feelin said:
get you a 86 87 or 88 toyota pickup...with a 4cylinder and a 4 speed or a 5 speed. you will be able to drive for ever on a full tank. i also know you can find one with 4WD... if you want a 4x4. they're very reliable trucks.
i second this... i know u said u wanted a car but a Toyota 79-94 with a 20R, 22R, or 22RE will last u forever and go forever on a tank of gas... i got a 87 with a 22R that turning 33's gets very good gas mileage...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yam 21 said:
im sure hes not looking for a saturn... a civic or eclipse will suit you well.. i know you plan on making it faster and dumping more cash into it over time... these are 2 good cars to base it all on... or you can get a integra, maybe even a 240sx :tup: all great cars on gas!
now yam 21 knows what im talking about :nod:

im getting the car, cause i want a nice car to drive everyday. But i dont want a slow car. :tdown: (meaning like no saturns...sorry)

my parents were thinking of getting a truck, so maybe if i have some cash left over ill get a CHEAP truck just to haul my bike around with.

but right now im just looking for a nice car with under prefer 80k

And WOW there is a sweet ass 240sx on ebay, that body kit is killer...too bad i dont have $6k yet :bk:

·
Registered
97 Posts
OK...honda civics and preludes with a V-TEC will run like a raped ape. Not to mention they are a 4 banger and get damn good gas mileage, but if you want a cool car look at a between 1985-1993 Mazda Rx-7. Those are sweet little cars with a rotary engine(no pistons). I used to own a 1985 and for only having 105hp that thingg would scoot! Best of luck on findin a new machine. :cool:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well, I thought we was going for gas miles.. oh well screw imports :tdown: .. no offence I'm just a bowtie guy.. But yea i must admit the v-tech civics are pretty good for 4 bangers, we had my friends 89 hatch w/ a newer v-tech in it from a coupe burning 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and it had 90k+ miles

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Integra, Talon, 3000GT, Civic

Those cars should suit you pretty good, even though you'd probably be best with a v6 or 4cylinder pickup :tup:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
steitzybear said:
OK...honda civics and preludes with a V-TEC will run like a raped ape. Not to mention they are a 4 banger and get damn good gas mileage, but if you want a cool car look at a between 1985-1993 Mazda Rx-7. Those are sweet little cars with a rotary engine(no pistons). I used to own a 1985 and for only having 105hp that thingg would scoot! Best of luck on findin a new machine. :cool:
im sorry but I have a 1985 rx-7, they have 195 hp. And they really go, there lighter then 9/10 of the imports.

·
Registered
568 Posts
i had a civic for my last car, i miss the gas mileage. My S2000 is a 4 banger but sure don't act it. I'm lucky to get 250 miles on a full tank. And almost every honda has the same 13.2 gallon tank. The civic gave me 350-400 miles, and you don't have to use premium.

On a sidenote, I'm selling my civic, if you wanna take a look in the link in my signature. on the bottom of that page are links to more pics

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
shano said:
steitzybear said:
im sorry but I have a 1985 rx-7, they have 195 hp. And they really go, there lighter then 9/10 of the imports.
A buddy of mine has an 85 with an Apexi exhaust system and it got smoked by a 77 chevy short wide with a 350 that had an edelbrock and rv cam, and 3.08 gears. Preludes are heavy, and civics are.... just civics. Spinning thru fourth isnt anything special when you've got a suspension set up for a family economy car. My mom had a talon years ago, piece of shit. Bought it new and sent it to the shop all the time. I like the 240sx's a lot. Everyone and their dog has a riced out eclipse, but none of them will race me. I found my 300 and blazer with autotrader. I'd rather have a little yota truck too, but if you're set on a car I'd look at something along the lines of a 240, 300zx(sorry, couldnt resist), or an eclipse if you want to go that way..

·
Registered
568 Posts
stay away from eclipses.... oh god i hated that thing. Ran nice when it was running, but had too many random problems. Unless you like a car that you drive everywhere, then park, and the next morning it don't start (for a week straight) for no apparent reason. The random fog machine that magically appears from the exhaust.

Oh and that lovely eclipse belt squeal that never goes away, no matter how tight, or new your belt is.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont worry i WILL NEVER GET A ECLIPSE

my sister had one, and really the reason i wont get one is cause she put pink in her car, and now every time i look at a eclipse i think of it as a "chick car"...haha

plus it would ALWASY break down, one day it would start, the next it wouldnt. :tdown:

IM really hooked on the 240sx. My friend got me really into them...but the 95's + i dont like the fastback ones.

man now i cant wait till the spring so the jeep can hit the road...im gonna miss it though :bk:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Im in the car hunt too. My budget is about 5 max (unless I finance). I been lookin at Caviler Z24s, Focus ZX3s, Ranger 2.3s (the new ones with hot mazda engines), and pretty much any small 4 banger with a manual but the hunt is difficult. People around here always opt for the weakest engine ( few ZX3s or Z24s) and the usually opt for automatic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts