Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are wheel spacers good for the warrior or will they snap. i also want to do mx and i was wondering if wheel spacers would be good?[/quote]

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I heard they put alot of stress on your hubs :shrug:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Half the people who have them will say they're junk and the other half will say they aren't. Just buy a set and I think they'll hold up fairly well unless you do some really crazy jumping.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I also hear they will add bump steering. Not too good for MX. I have also heard of them adding stress but it shoulda be that bad. Do waht slithers said and just try them out.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
i heared u will break lots of tie rods, i no a friend did it on his raptor and snaped 2 in one day on a mx track just flipping the ties around

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I dunno how it would really affect the tierods. I'm not saying somebody hasn' broken them, I just don't understand how it would. I have heard that spacers will put more stress on the SPINDLE, through the hubs. The extra stress created from the offset goes into the hub, but is transferred through in great force, to the spindle. The spindle is the part most likely to be damaged, but it would more likely bend before breaking. I was told this by a friend that has been into racing since the three-wheeler days, and now runs an ATV salvage place. He told me that if I was gonna run spacers to go on and get an extra set of spindles and carry with me (I race MX, remember) in case I bend one. I'm planning on putting a set of 1" spacers in the front end of my new racer (I have a friend at a machine shop, so it'd be cheap), but may pull them back out.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
But if you look at it this way. If your right front tire is extended out thats creating more leverage to bend the tie rod then if the tire was closer to the frame like in the stock position. So if the tire and rim were to get clipped by a tree causing a blow to it forcing the tire and rim to twist to the right, that sudden jerk and the final blow would be enough to bend it. I dono if you guys get what im saying, it would be easier to show in person.

·
Registered
498 Posts
For trail riding they are great but I would not get them for MX. You should get longer A-arms and/or axle for the extra abuse.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I see what you're saying Slithers. It's like this...a stick that's a foot long is easier to break than a stick that's 6 inches long. Same diameter, leonger length equals less strength. Didn't really think of that. But it's worth the risk of a bent tierod for the extra stability of the width.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know this has been discussed before but what about flipping the front tires around. I have not tried it but will once I get the time.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
no matter what you do to extend your front tires out, there will be more stress on the tie rods no matter how you make it wider,you will just need to get some beefier tie rods

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I had them on my blaster and they held up fine. If you hit really big jumps, I would stay away.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I made a set up for the front of my warrior but I need to find someplace that has longer studs. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
If he gets a good set of grade 8 steel tehy should hold, wouldnt it be neat if you could find titanium ones.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Titanium studs would be $10 each :lol: . Thats 4 studs per wheels. I think i'll go out and break abunch of studs before I spend that much money on them. A hammer we bought for construction has a Titanium head and it cost $75 but its really light and very durable.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have found bolts that would work but the heads stick out to far. I need an actual longer stud or a low head cap screw so it would clear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts