Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay whats up guys i am new 2 this site and i was going to ask u guys what u think of a 1996 yz250 u think it's a good bike for a good rider...I was trying to find sum info on the internet,about handleing.and how the bike is over all but i couldnt find any thing about!!!...But i would lyke to know about it befor i buy it can u guys plz help me out thanks alot every body have a nice night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tdown:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have one and I love it. Make sure you buy the right bike for what you are doing though. It's not a trail bike. It's a motox'er. You can do some mild trails and fire roads etc. but it's not meant for hardcore trail riding. It will beat you to death and destroy the bike.
If you can get one for a good deal....take it :tup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i was thinkin to do with it was to use it for trial rideing soo i guess not then,is there any way that i can set it up for trail rideing or no.Also if possable do u know any links to set it for trail's i would really help me out alot, thankz alot buddy have a happy thanksgiveing !!!!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not sure if you can "set-up" for woods but you could do some things to make it a little better. The stock gearing is tall (normal for moto-x) but hard to make the bike go under about 10 mph, Definately change that. By doing this though you also make an already high revving powerful motor more prone to wheelie, and having more of an instant power hit vs a more smooth power for trails. You could soften the suspension some so it wouldn't be so uncomfortable, add some guards, and plates to help deflect the woods and mud gunk.
Have you owned a trail machine before dirt bike or quad?
If so, what was it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i had a kx 80,That thing was great for the trails i had alot of fun with it, had a few quads and stuff i dont know what i want to do i think i might juss drop the idea and juss go out and get a new quad a honda or sum thing....i lyke dirt bikeing but it has it's goods and bads

·
Registered
230 Posts
250's are a beast. IMO too much for trails. Had one, tried trail riding, sold it. Bought a '92 WR200R and it would hands-down do everything. MX, trails, rocks, some sand, ice, snow, about everything. The YZ would eat it up alive on the MX but when trail time came, the WR was king. Great bike, I miss it.

Sold it for $20. Still kicking myself for doing it.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I think the 96YZ's were the best looking dirt bikes ever made.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I got mine out this weekend and washed, shined, started etc. Still love it. Thinking of powdercoating the frame (white again), and buying black plastics this spring. :tup:
I'm still hypnotized by that deep grunt of the new yz450f :rock:
Love that sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts