Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Can anyone give me a guesstimate on top speed on my R. ( Check the Sig ) Tire Size is a little bigger than 20-10-Somethin Ii cant get to the tire because theres about 16 stacked. Basicly a lil bigger than stock tires.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
depends on gearing could go 40 could go 110
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
There are many different circumstances to determine top speed. 86 250R trannys had taller gears, making them faster on the top end. I think a stocker does about 66-69. Take a GPS along for a ride and find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
You should be somewhere around 65-70 mph.

The trail tech computer you're talking about is the speedometer, right? It can be used on anything. Basically, you mount a magnet on a wheel or the brake rotor, and then mount a pickup to read it. Every time the wheel goes around, the pickup will sense the magnet. Basically, the computer is counting how fast the wheel is going around, and then uses the tire size to determine the speed. You have to dial it in for your tire size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
wilkin250r said:
You should be somewhere around 65-70 mph.

The trail tech computer you're talking about is the speedometer, right? It can be used on anything. Basically, you mount a magnet on a wheel or the brake rotor, and then mount a pickup to read it. Every time the wheel goes around, the pickup will sense the magnet. Basically, the computer is counting how fast the wheel is going around, and then uses the tire size to determine the speed. You have to dial it in for your tire size.

what i was going to say...i know a stock tecate was said to be at about 74-75 according to dirt wheels in the 80's...mine slightly modded tecate before it seized ran at 72mph...pretty damn fast IMO, and i never rode a 250r but from what i know the tecate was faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
AyeKay said:
Hey, Can anyone give me a guesstimate on top speed on my R. ( Check the Sig ) Tire Size is a little bigger than 20-10-Somethin Ii cant get to the tire because theres about 16 stacked. Basicly a lil bigger than stock tires.

Thanks
go here http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/250r.htm

just punch in your sprocket sizes along with tire size and you'll have your answer :tup:

If you can swap the front & rear sprockets you can do 600MPH :wtf: :scared: :razz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Stubby660 said:
If you can swap the front & rear sprockets you can do 600MPH :wtf: :scared: :razz:
Not quite. It's not just a matter of rev limit and gearing, you still have this pesky little problem of "air resistance" to overcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,520 Posts
wilkin250r said:
Stubby660 said:
If you can swap the front & rear sprockets you can do 600MPH :wtf: :scared: :razz:
Not quite. It's not just a matter of rev limit and gearing, you still have this pesky little problem of "air resistance" to overcome.
air resistance?!
we don need no steenkin air resistance!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top