Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am servicing my quad and I was wondering what type of oil you use..? Do you use semi-synthetic.. Or full synthetic..
What brand do you use?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1 Red cap.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
i use yamahlube..... ive used semi and full synthetic....no real preference, the semii is good for where i am(midwest) so.......

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here's another vote for the Mobil 1 15W-50 "Red Cap".

·
Registered
250 Posts
I used Yamalube until I found out about Royal Puple. Full Synthetic. Shifts smoother! But expensive!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just started using Maxima ATV Premium 4T. Seems to be a pretty good oil so far.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
castrol 10w-30 peak performance. i dont know how it works cuz its all over my garage floor :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
castrol gtx 10-40

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
maxima 10w-40 syn-blend, or golden spectra (spectro?)atv syn-blend 10w-40

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Mobil1 MX4T. change oil and filter every 20 hours.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'm gonna be putting Amsoil 0W-40 in this winter after I get my oil leak fixed. It's supposed to be a good 4 stroker oil for all temp ranges. :tup:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Amsoil is the best but you can get Mobil red cap and Bosch filters at Walmart :tup:

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
UBETRUN said:
Amsoil is the best but you can get Mobil red cap and Bosch filters at Walmart :tup:
the amzoil is debatable.

on my sportbike forum there has been an interesting amount of camshaft pitting, and 99.9% of the camshafts that are pitted have had nothing but amzoil in the crankcase.

i also dont trust ANY company that says you can take a 2 stroke machine that was designed to run at a 32:1 ratio and run amzoil at 100:1 with no sacrifice in durability. :scared:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I'll defer to your additional knowledge although I had previously never heard of a problem with any Amsoil product. If anything is going to find a weak link though, a 15K+ rpm sport bike will.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
04raptor04 said:
Raptor515 said:
castrol 10w-30 peak performance. i dont know how it works cuz its all over my garage floor :(
How did you manage that?
i put in a new clutch and its leaking like a sprinkler system!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts