Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I was toying with the idea of starting a Banshee Project, but I am not sure which way to start it... How much should I expect to pay for a early 90's Bashee? (Straight frame, etc).
What about a rolling chassis?

Is there any perks to one year vs another (come with different carbs, more gears in tranny, etc).

I am not looking to buy right now so please do not make offers (got to get the ok from the GF first and save up the cash.. :hey:)
Any information would be great. I am in Los Angeles, CA. Sorry, did not know where else to start...

Thanks all. :tup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
with banshee's you can spend anything you want.. or how ever deep your wallet is..lol

for a used decent condition bike (mostly stock,with aftermarket pipes, carbs, intakes, tires, shocks, ect...) i wouldnt pay more than 3k for it (you dont know how its been ridden or not).. for an all out drag bike depends on the chassis and motor.. some ive seen go for 15+..

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
The price of shees really differ from region to region. Cali, Oregon and Washington you are going to resale value much greater. For example a $4500 '91+ shee in Cali might go for $2500 in the midwest. A rolling chassis is typically in the $1500 range.

Since you are just getting started in your project, if you take your time...good deals can be found. Keep an eye of ebay too.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Thanks for the info guys... That gives me a good starting point.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ok

well. you can spend as much as 35.000 prolly. or you can spend as little as 1200 for a running bike, or less.

i wouldnt jump into any thing. waitye till you see a deal. uless your getting itchy. :hey:

a stock 98 banshee should go for about 2200. on the east coast. if you get one with 4000 in mods it might push the value up to 3000.
dont ask me why people sell them fully loaded shees so cheap because i really dont know. i think its that "some" people like to spend money and trick out there machines and when they go to sell them there aint no body really lookin for a tricked out banshee to start with. they are fast as it is. if i were you i would do some reading and find out what kind of style you want to do then look for that kind of modifications to the machine. if you spend the 3500 on a 96 banshee that is decked out with goodies then when you want to sell it in a few years,(providing 2 stokes arnt banned) you will see a lot of your money back. my advise it take somone elses prodject off there hands.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
dont ask me why people sell them fully loaded shees so cheap because i really dont know.
I bet it has to be due to the fact that west coast Banshees are "way hella faster" than east coast banshees. Ya basically get what ya pay for. :hey:

lol (just stirin' the pot) :smooch:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lets face it, Banshees are wicked fast in a straight line, and that's about it. They shine in the sand, and they suck pretty much everywhere else.

Not too much sand on the east coast.

Without sand around, nobody wants a banshee. Basic principles of economics, supply and demand. If demand is low, so is the price.

·
Registered
622 Posts
wilkin250r said:
Lets face it, Banshees are wicked fast in a straight line, and that's about it. They shine in the sand, and they suck pretty much everywhere else.

Not too much sand on the east coast.

Without sand around, nobody wants a banshee. Basic principles of economics, supply and demand. If demand is low, so is the price.
thats a bunch of bullshit, there are thousands of banshees in my area, we ride them everywhere,they can t keep them in the showrooms on the east coast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts