Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well here's the story. As most of you know, I just sold my bike to Kahuna. Before I did this I talked to my dad a lot about a yfz 450. He said everything is fine and we can do it, just as soon as I sell my bike. Well I sold it and I brought it up to him tonight. First of all, his credit will not pass through Yamaha as we have recently figured out. So that was the first bad step. So we decided to go to the bank and take out a loan under his personal account. Suprisingly enough, his credit is so shittty that the loan would not pass through the bank either. So I asked if he would take the loan out under his business account. He said he wont risk his business to pay off payments cuz its a new business and hes already having stress starting that up. So after a while I eventually convinced him to do it and he tried and the bank wouldn't take out the loan cuz the business is so new. It needs to be like a year old. Its only about 2 months old. So he told me that I should take the money and make my own account and get a job while I'm in school, this way, I can apply for a loan and have "credit". I know for sure I wouldn't have a problem getting a job, only thing is, it would be after school and I have no way to get to where I would be working.

So now I'm really cornered cuz I have no way to get money and my dad cant help me out really cuz hes so caught up in his business...Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do so I can finance a quad...?? It would be greatly appreciated. :tup: Sorry for the long post but thats just how things work for me. :tdown:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I say get a job and just stick it out for a bit. Maybe in time something will come up and your dad could split it with you or something. Maybe buy a used bike so you don't have to pay as much money. :shrug: Sorry, I really can't help ya out.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Get a job, gotta do what you gotta do :shrug:

I have to do the same thing...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm kinda going through the same thing. I just recently took out a loan to buy a truck. So I can pay off my truck sooner I am going to sell my quad. After I get my truck paid off I am going to keep saving my money and buy another quad. If I were you I'd just work very hard and buy the quad yourself. In the end you'll really appreciate your quad a lot more than if your dad bought it for you.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention...If we did get the loan through his account anyway, I would have to pay it off, not him. So either way Im paying for it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Cvillecoldblood said:
Forgot to mention...If we did get the loan through his account anyway, I would have to pay it off, not him. So either way Im paying for it.
Well no matter what you do, you have to get a job then. Why dont you look for a cheap moped if you cant get a ride to a job?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ask a family memeber if they could co-sign for you. Yamaha is suppose to be the hardest to get credit from and when I got the 3.9% deal I had no job and my credit was ok, but they said I only got it cause my dad co-signed and his credit is crazy good. Get the job no matter what cause it won't hurt you.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Im getting a job. I would get a moped but I dont think it would work for me cause my school is in the middle of no where. Thanks though pat. If I just get the job and open an account with a good amount of money in it, can I just get a family member to cosign like that? I figured if I worked weekends 6 hours each day, I would be able to get enough money without a problem...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts