Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just bought a set of TCS shocks and I had them valved for a 200lbs rider on stock arms and swingarm. Since then I have lost over 20lbs and I am sure I am going to loose more, so I know the shocks are going to need a revalve eventually.

I have been told that adding longer arms and swingarm is like adding +10lbs to your weight for every 1" you add. So basically I wanted to confirm this with a couple people and see if it is really true.
If I just add a set of +2 arms and +2 swingarm could I get away with no longer revalving my shocks?
Is this not an ideal way of doing this and would it be better to just revalve the shocks?

Man, that is worded really bad, but you guys get the point.
Thanks guys. :tup:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I didn't do the math, but it sounds reasonable to me.

I'm shure there is a formula for that.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Adding swingarm length isnt going to significantly change the performance of the front shocks, just the rear. I dont know if you had just fronts or a full set so I figured I'd put that in.

Paying 500 for a arms and 700+ for a swing arm doesnt seem like the cost effective way to avoid the 200 dollar revalve.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I have a full set.

The reason I was thinking about it is because I had my rear revalved and it was around $300 just for a revalve. So I figured the fronts would be around $400 since there is two. Then add in what I could sell my stock stuff for and it would only be around $100 additional money out of my pocket and I would have longer arms and swingarm. Sounds like a deal to me. :hey:

Has anyone else heard of the +10 for every +1 rule before now?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I heard that somewhere but don't know the exact numbers but what you said sounds pretty close. I'm sure TCS could tell you. WORKS gave me the line when I ordered my shocks but I did'nt listen to close, I was like ya I'm 220 and send me my shocks ASAP. I like the idea of weight loss though :tup: $hit we all want our bikes quicker and beg borrow and steal for hop up's but driving by McDonalds instead of whipping in never came to mind :wtf: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts