Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Heres the Deal. My Brother was riding it up a big dune and on the way back down he shifted into third, It died on him and now its stuck in third. Did the 2nd gear go out? We had to take the master link of and take off the chain just to get it back to camp.

Is the tranny out? 01' Rappy

·
Registered
332 Posts
When my tranny started to go out the first sign that i had was that it got stuck in reverse. Once i got it out of reverse it never shifted right again. And then it just totally quit shifting at all. So it could be that your tranny is going out, or you could have broken or damaged the shift fork, but it being an '01 if it is in fact tranny problems you should go ahead and upgrade to the'02 tranny. The '02 tranny is not only a good replacement but it is also a pretty good modification for the '01 because it makes it so much easier to just cruise around. :tup:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you get it out? I have a IMS Shifter that gets rid of all the linkage so i know its not that stuff. Just by pushing it i know it aint goin up or down with out possibly a hammer. :nope:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine dumped on me yesterday. I was in 2nd wide open getting ready to shift into 3rd and BANG! the chain broke and the tranny is stuck in 2nd gear completely locked up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2001 tranny's suck

mine went out like 3 months ago and i was going up a big dune also and when i got to the top i stopped. i tried to go again but it just died. i started it again and it wouldnt move. it acted like it was in first and reverse at the same time. when it came down to it i broke second gear and fourth gear. it cost me about 1600 dollars to get it fixed. runs great now

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like you need a 2002 transmission - if you are going to buy tranny parts, might as well do the whole '02 upgrade - then you won't have to worry about it anymore. A fresh 2001 tranny might last you 6-12 months....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts