Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a topic of some debate, with a lot of people giving a lot of different answers. I'd say a conservative estimate would be 130hp, but some people will tell you higher.... e.g. "I know so and so or such and such and his bike was 1xx horsepower on a welded crank and it never had any problems." Could be true, could be B.S., as there's a lot of that spread around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dextreme said:
I have seen unwelded cranks start to separate in bone stock conditions, but the risk becomes greater when you increase compression and timing.
mine started to separate before i got my port work and all.. i have heard of people running high compression on a unwelded stock crank but i wouldnt trust it for too long.. the pressed cranks are very known to come apart..

·
Registered
91 Posts
i dont have a pic but if you have the crank out take a look at it while its out of the cases...

youll see the pin that holds the connecting rod, the pin is through the outer plate that you will see.. that is what is welded on both sides if you can..

trueing it is having the two parts of each side even with each other so its not out of balance..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts