Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just got the first snow of the season a few days ago. Its now starting to melt so its extremely wet and muddy everywhere. I went riding and my Raptor is covered with just about everything.

I wanna wash the thing, but I remember reading somewhere that washing with hot water can crack the engine case if its cold out. Is that true?
or does that only apply if the engine is hot still?

Any tips or reccomendations let me know.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I know that you can crack a case if you was a hot engine with cold water but I don't know about the other way around. I don't see why hot water would bother it at all.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The only way I could see that happening is if you use boiling water, and it's really really cold outside.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
LOL, i doubt it man. It would have to be a drastic temp change, its only using cold water on a hot engine.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't think it will hurt anything, and if you are worried, you can always crank it up and let it idle why you wash it. One thing though, if it's really cold I would not wash it. I did one time and the whole quad froze up. (levers, shocks etc.) It was a pain to get everything unfroze.

-Kahuna :TB:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Kahuna said:
I don't think it will hurt anything, and if you are worried, you can always crank it up and let it idle why you wash it. One thing though, if it's really cold I would not wash it. I did one time and the whole quad froze up. (levers, shocks etc.) It was a pain to get everything unfroze.

-Kahuna :TB:
:lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol:

I used to go mudding with my big bear. It would get really hot and then I'd plow through a mud hole and a load of steam would roll up off the engine and pipe. Never cracked. Then I'd get it home, still hot, and wash it with the cold hose water. Never cracked. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i know if you get your pipe realll nice and hot...and then put ice cold hose water on it...it'll crack in about 20 dif. places...experienced by my neighbor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts