Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warrior cranks fine has spark, is getting gas, but the motor just won't seem to fire up. Sounds like awful piston slap or valves. But the only way to get the thing running is to bump start it and about 12 mph and dumb the clutch in 2nd gear. Battery isn't weak and doesn't need charged when trying to start again. And advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't look like any damage in the jug from any excessive contact. I think it could be the valve seals are just absolutely gone could that be the issue?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
valve seals will just leak oil. you need to check the valve lash and inspect the seats. have you done a compression test? a visual inspection through the plug hole wont tell you anything you will need to measure the jug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compression is at 170. And I did measure the jug with calipers. I mean new rings wouldn't hurt but it seemed like it took some force to take the jug off

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
if your compression is 170 then none of those things are the issue. most likely a weak stator or a carb issue

·
Registered
67 Posts
sheared flywheel key so ignition timing is wrong or bad CDI making timing wrong or stator wires reversed. a lot depends on year, they are not all the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts