Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I fixed my starter clutch problem and I finally got my warrior to start last night. I had to choke it because it's cold out but that's normal. Today it took forever to start the first time and even when the engine was hot I could not get it to start. I took the carb apart and cleaned it and it fired up on the first crank. After I shut it off it would not start again, but I tried pull starting it and it fired up. What could this be? I have good spark, 130psi compression, good pick up and source coil, new spark plug, new Cdi box, and new intake boot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hm...does it crank over noticeably more slow or lazy w/ E-Start?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've heard of this problem, or at least something like it, but I'm not sure what the solution is. It gets spark when you turn it over with E-Start? Is the spark the same from pulling as it is E-Start?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
almost has to be fuel if every thing you say is good. pull the filter and squirt a little gas in the back of the carb with the slide open, don't get carried away with the fuel. you can use starting fluid but be really careful too much and you can blow thing up.if it starts your carb is still dirty or dirty again. look into the tank with a flash light and look for junk on the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the spark when I use e-start is perfectly fine. I was thinking that it had to be a carb problem too because as soon as I cleaned it, it started right up. But why would it pull start of it is a carb problem that's what I don't understand.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
if you mean pull start with a rope starter I don't have a good answer other than the spark may be a little hotter because there is no drain from the starter. if you mean pull start by dragging it behind something else that is running it is probably because it creates more vacuum. the engine spins faster creating a bigger vacuum that overcomes what ever carb problem you are having.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
if you can get it started by pull starting and the tank is clean with fresh gas try running some sea foam through it. that might just do the trick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just cleaned the carb again and cleaned the gas tank out, put new gas in and it still won't start.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
when you open the drain screw on the bottom do you get a good supply of fuel running out. did you try to squirt fuel in the carb? did you get your enrichener back in correctly? is the accelerator pump working? with the filter off try covering half of the carb inlet with a rag. is the tank vent clear

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes everything in the carb was put back together how it's supposed to be and when I tried squirting starting fluid in there it still didn't start.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
if it did not light up on starter fluid you are back to electrical. you said it had good spark, does it now? try unplugging the rectifier and see if that make a difference. check all of the grounds especially the big on the back of the engine and the primary coil. if it was me I would recheck the stator and pickup coil. if all of that is good you could have a short in the harness. they are prone to wear. most of the shorts I have found are over the head and the frame near the carb (which might explain why it started after rebuilding the carb) I pulled the entire harness unwrapped it and checked the entire thing inch by inch and found problems in all 3. check the multi switch on the bar and the key switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the pickup coil was in spec but the course coil is out of spec it has 203 ohms. Could that cause the problem?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
yep that would have been my first choice if you hadn't said it was fine most likely it has been getting weak, cutting in and out and it has finally died. warriors make a lot of heat especially if you ride hard and that kills the coils. makes it tough to track down to. i have a ricky stator in my 01 and have not had any issues. i had one of the knock offs go out after a weekend. stators are probably the number one issue with a warrior. i would still do a check for shorts before i spent a 100 bucks just in case. pay close attention to the routing of the wires inside the case it is easy to get it wrong and the flywheel will cut the wires and you get to do it all over with the added bonus of repairing oily wires. dont ask how i know lol. ricky stator uses a high temp silicone wire that does not break down with the heat like the factory or knockoff ones

·
Registered
1 Posts
. Hi. I was wondering what the outcome to this issue was…I have a 98 warrior with the same issue. Please help!!!

So I fixed my starter clutch problem and I finally got my warrior to start last night. I had to choke it because it's cold out but that's normal. Today it took forever to start the first time and even when the engine was hot I could not get it to start. I took the carb apart and cleaned it and it fired up on the first crank. After I shut it off it would not start again, but I tried pull starting it and it fired up. What could this be? I have good spark, 130psi compression, good pick up and source coil, new spark plug, new Cdi box, and new intake boot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts