Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new here. I am looking into getting a quad. I ride street and I also have a beat up 91 CR250. I just want a quad also. I am looking into a 2000 warrior that seems to be well maintained. What should I look for??? I am 6'2" and about 225. Is this a good fit for me? I cant spend the money on a Raptor and I want a four stroke. I have seen used warriors around 2G's. They seem to be great machines just old technology. Please voice your opinions.

Thanks for the help.
Nathan :tup:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
they are very good reliable quads. If you have jus enough get that warrrior. Look all over it closly. straight axle, straight frame, sprokets, plastics, etc. start up and listen to the motor. but the best thing you can do is start it up and ride it. that is very important. to see if you like how it rides,handles, etc. anyomore questions jus ask

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just like yamwarrior said, give it a good looking over. Just like a car, listen for odd noises, look for smoke on startup and if it continues to smoke after its warmed up. I'd look for oil leaking anywhere, I'm a stickler for a clean machine. Make sure the reverse engages smoothly, and that its not too hard to find neutral. Look for cracks and rust at edges of welds in stressed areas (i.e. around footpeg mounts, motor mounts, swingarm pivot mount, etc...)

One other thing is the electrical system. If not in top shape it will cause gremlins that you will chase if you ever encounter them. Good connections is what keeps this quad going, if you have a corroded or loose one, theres a good chance it will run weird or not run at all.

The warrior is a tough machine and even if its been halfway maintained it more than likely is in decent shape still.

Good luck and if you do get one you know where to come when you need help of have any questions.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Good all around quad that is good for just about everything. Good in the woods and can even be jumped around and stuff on tracks and stuff haha. :tup: :tup: GEt one you wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd say you would probably like the Warrior just fine. You are about the same size as I am 6'3" and around 225lbs. I love riding my Warrior, it's big enough that I don't feel cramped up when I'm on it, and plenty powerful enough for my needs. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if ur lookin for a quad that will match ur cr 250's power look else where if u ride alot of street i mean alot, just get an old used rocket can find a half way decent 90+ model for 3 + grand but if u lookin for something u can ride trails and beat on daily look no where else the warrior is ur bike

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
yah, the warrior is mid powerd, but enought to get what u want done, u just wont be the first to the top of the hill, but if u no how to ride u will make it to the top of the hill

The warrior can be jumped, and ridin hard but if thats ur plan get a ex.

I love my warrior cause all i do it has what i need. There r some upgrades that must be done to a stock warrior to really get it working though, The biggest one i find is 20" tires, it will totaly change the feel, and unless u need ground clearence it is worth it big time! Also a air filter, pipe, airbox mod and jets is the next thing, will really give the warrior down low power, and u will be able to move the front sprocket up one tooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts