Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my sisters warrior really is a POS. After the new topend that was done like a year ago, it was literally only rode like 5 hrs tops on the new topend. It seems like some oil is leaking out of around the base gasket. Also the ignition broke so she "gave" it to 2 of her friends to fix it. They put a new battery, ignition, and brake pads and changed oil. All this took them 3 months :scared: :wtf: . Also even though they changed the brakes i guess they dont know how to bleed them cause when i worked on it the front brakes worked. Now they dont and the rear's suck ass.

When we got the warrior it had a new clutch put in. On thing that always bothered me was when in first gear or 2nd, dump the clutch like drag race style, something on the left side slipps. It feels like the sprocket is spinning on the chain, but it isnt. The front sprocket is good, rear is good and chain isn't too loose. I tried to dump the clutch and look at the chain at the same time and didnt see it slipping. But the sound seems to come from the left side.
Any idea what it is?
Her warrior is a POS really, i just dont want her to waste all this money on it and still be shitty. So any help is great. Also if you think its in the tranny im not going to attempt to fix it. I just dont want her to really see me working on it, cause then she will think i broke it or whatever.
Also the clutch feels terrible. Its hard to shift with the gay linkage shifter, and the clutch wont engage until all the way out. Is this normal? The only warrior i ever rode is this one but i can tell you my crf, or old EX was NOTHING like this.

·
8,530 Posts
Adjust the clutch, bleed the brakes, take the chain off and make sure the inner splines on the sprocket, or the outer splines on the output shaft are both intact..

·
Registered
27 Posts
That thing sounds like a TURD! Warriors rock, one of the best and longest lasting designs! Give it another shot! I think it sounds like the chain needed to be adjusted some, the slipeage sound that you hear (adjust at the rear axle tensioners) I only say that cuz I had the same problem and found out both my tensioners snapped off. If you cant adjust the clutch any go buy one for $35 from http://www.rockymountainatv.com/... What year is that thing, cuz if its old and looks beat, rides like its beat, then IT IS BEAT!

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
empty-wallet said:
They put a new battery, ignition, and brake pads and changed oil. All this took them 3 months :scared: :wtf: . Also even though they changed the brakes i guess they dont know how to bleed them cause when i worked on it the front brakes worked. Now they dont and the rear's suck ass.
Lmao 3 months. I could do that in a day two tops lol. What your talkin bout happend to my friend when i see him ill ask him and get back to ya when i can.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the chain was lose it would feel like a delayed snap or clunk etc and not like its slipping.

Have to agree with the guy who said to adjust the clutch (plus all the other adjustments suggested in the thread too) as that would seem to produce the feeling you claim and is something that I had seen wrong with more than one warrior including mine.

Also if you are smart find some new people to work on it cause 3 months is way too long to get back a machine that doesnt stop with new brakes.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me clear something up. This isnt my warrior. Its my sisters. She knew i would work on it and let me tell you, if i can do a motor rebuild i think i can change brakes in less then 3 months :roll: . She gave it to 2 of her friends who "work at a kawasaki dealer" :roll: . One day i came home and they were loading it into a truck, didnt really even ask why.

Now the warrior is a 97 and its BEAT. But the motor shouldnt be since its got alot of new parts.

diggerzmound, the sprocket and output shaft have no visible wear on it, and i have tried to adjust the clutch numerous times before. The sound really sounds like the chain is slipping, or something in the tranny is missing teeth on a gear, but i highly doubt its that. If a gear was missing teeth it would do that in only that gear, it does this in any gear. I can ride it fine going slow, but the other day when she got it back i went riding in the snow, and the tires would spin in the snow. Then i would reach my clear driveway and they would catch. The tires wouldnt spin, the frontend would try to lift up then it would make that horrible sound and "slip"
Its going to be about 50 degrees tomorrow and my sister is gone so i will try to look at it for her.
IMO she should sell the junker, i used to ride it more then her.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
its the rear axel for shure!!!!

i had that happen to me after i first gut my warrior and i had no clue what was going on, the tug big nuts on the axel, role them back, clean the threads nice and put some thread lock on there and then put the nuts back on nice and tight....and just hope the bearings are still in one piece....riding with that lose will distroy them in no time flat

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this is very old but just wondering if the rear axle was the issue or was something else going on there 😅

1 - 9 of 9 Posts