Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are warriors supposed to be very loud coming from the engine. It seems kind of like a knocking noise. but im not sure. any help appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
if ur talkin about that rattling type of noise i know wat ur talkin about hahaha i dono 2 of my friends n I all have the same thing... i think its just the way they are... if not its a valve tapping which could b bad but mine has been runnin makin that noise for like 6 months now with no problem..

·
Registered
375 Posts
my raptor 350 knocks when i shut it off once every couple months not very often but it has done it a couple times

·
Registered
257 Posts
WarriorCliff77 said:
Sounds like your one-way could be starting to go
I would agree

It's behind the flywheel, the starter gear meshes against it and turns the crank, therefore turning over the motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine knocks alot too! makes me kinda nervous. I can start to hear it at mid RPMs. Is there anything else it could be besides the one way or Valves? Mine has been doing this for 8 months

·
Registered
203 Posts
If it's doing it while the engine is running it's definitely not the one-way (also known as the starter clutch). The one way will only make a knock when you start it or shut it off. It's really nothing to worry about, it can take years to fail once it starts doing that, or that starter clutch could even outlive the rest of the machine even when they start to wear out. Usually what damages these is transporting them in gear or pop starting it, both of those are hell on your one-way bearing.

If it's an actual knocking sound in the top end, that's not a good sign. It could be a lot of things but none of them are good. If it's more of a ticking sound it could be your valves. I'd start by checking your valve gaps and adjusting them if necessary.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Could be a lower rod bearing, ive blown 2 in my warrior over the last 3 years

·
Registered
297 Posts
mxthunder said:
are you reving the nuts out of it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
yamarider350 said:
If it's doing it while the engine is running it's definitely not the one-way (also known as the starter clutch). The one way will only make a knock when you start it or shut it off. It's really nothing to worry about, it can take years to fail once it starts doing that, or that starter clutch could even outlive the rest of the machine even when they start to wear out. Usually what damages these is transporting them in gear or pop starting it, both of those are hell on your one-way bearing.

If it's an actual knocking sound in the top end, that's not a good sign. It could be a lot of things but none of them are good. If it's more of a ticking sound it could be your valves. I'd start by checking your valve gaps and adjusting them if necessary.
It does it while it is running at mid and high RPMs, seems to be coming from the front of the motor. It only makes the sound while I am moving, not while revving sitting still or holding RPM in neutral The sound is seeming to get louder, but I really need a new chain too, so that could be some of the noise, but there is definatly noise coming from the front of the engine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tang said:
yamarider350 said:

It does it while it is running at mid and high RPMs, seems to be coming from the front of the motor. It only makes the sound while I am moving, not while revving sitting still or holding RPM in neutral The sound is seeming to get louder, but I really need a new chain too, so that could be some of the noise, but there is definatly noise coming from the front of the engine.
it could be your skid plate too. Mine started rattling at certain rpms once, and it had me all kinds of worried. I was checking the oil and making sure all my motor mounts were secure and everything. I was to the point i was going to pull the top end and check out the bearings. But it turns out it was just my chassis skid plate vibrating against the frame.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Jasonp said:
mxthunder said:
are you reving the nuts out of it?
Yes, but not all on purpose. Im having trouble keeping the bike from popping into neutral. My reverse linkage is messed up..

·
Registered
56 Posts
my valves click in my warrior and u can hear it but its normal for a warrior or any w/ any quad, my friend 2002 trx 450, other friend 2003suzuki lt450, and my other friend 2005 raptor 350, everyone i talk to says their quad has a clicking sound to thier valves, from everyone elses opinions,im guessing it is normal. Im not loosing any power so im not complaining

·
Registered
257 Posts
other friend 2003suzuki lt450
Might want to check on that, I'm about 99% sure that Suzuki didn't make the 450 in 2003.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts