Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 88 warrior the motor is brand new from top to bottom it starts up and idles fine and then as soon as you touch the throtle it just dies.does any one have any ides what it could be

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey guy, check your jet, I think you got crap in it or in the bowl. When you hit the throttle, your sucking crap up and cutting off your fuel. I had a weed seed in my jet :wtf: How it got there is one thing but my bike started ,idled, but die as soon as I hit the throttle. I checkedn the boots for cracks and air leakage but found the prob. when I dropped the carb bowl.
:smooch: My warrior runs good now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have cleaned out the carb like 10 times trying all different kinds of jets in it and still nothing i have a 155 in it now and it still dosent run does any one know what could be the problem i really want to ride this weekend

·
Registered
209 Posts
Remove Park brake safety switch on clutch perch.

·
Registered
209 Posts
accel pump in carb needs adjusted(rubber pulled down )? Air leak between carb and motor , air leak in fuel system, exhaust leak? Just some sug. on where to look.

·
Registered
186 Posts
check the tube off of the gas tank lid. if that is kinked it will do exactly what your talking about. it did it to me for a while then i figgered it out. hmm kinda gay. but oh well. it might work.

·
Registered
897 Posts
yamahablaster8230 said:
i have cleaned out the carb like 10 times trying all different kinds of jets in it and still nothing i have a 155 in it now and it still dosent run does any one know what could be the problem i really want to ride this weekend
I would be your pilot and mixture screw that is giving you problems. The pilot is the little jet that uses a screwdriver and is found at the bottom of a tub inside the carb. You can get to it with the bowl off. Also, check to make sure the mixture screw is anywhere between 1.5-2.5 turns out, depending on what mods you have and area you ride. I had something clogging my pilot and the quad wouldn't idle without the chock. Took the carb off, pilot out, mixture screw out, and cleaned it with carb cleaner and compressed air. Works now, but the same could go for you too.

·
Registered
537 Posts
is it the parking break sensor thing? if it is not in all the way it will idle but if you try to drive it, it wont run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had the same problem once with my atv and it seemed like if holded the throttle just a little before it died it would kinda sttarve for gas or like missfire i just kepped rippin it tryin to get it to go outa that faze . and well it did fix itself maybe it was dirty jets or something but it defintly fixed itself ... dont recomend doing it because i dont want u to mess ure bike up . just telling u what i personally did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wont accelerate

clean out the carb . i just purchased a used 04 warrior and it ran fine then all of the sudden it would only idle and would not rev when you tried to accelerate. after a long day of trying to figure it out i removed the carb and found the main jet had a piece of something in it. after running a wire thru it i put it back together and it ran perfect

·
Registered
62 Posts
the light particulates in gasoline evaporate over time and leave behind VARNISH GUM, almost impossible to remove without soaking in carb cleaner as varnish gets in small idle ports so while it might run, it wont idle...below ~2000 rpm. Stabil fuel stabilizer at end of season or turn valve off at tank n run it out of gas n spray wd 40 into the carb to keep moisture away (hopefully). Plug intake n exhaust ports to keep critters out over winter hibernation, tape big note on bike stating intake n exhaust are plugged, REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT...or first run of year

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having a problem with my 03 warrior. I’ve tried everything here. I cleaned the the hole carb, un plugged the parking brake sensor and still when I rev it up it instantly shuts off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts