Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,
i just got my bottom end repaired and i put it back in the frame and all that good stuff.
i tried to start it up and i got rapid clicking noise, so i went out to napa got a universal solenoid and installed it, stil did the clicking so i cleaned and sanded all the grounds and cleaned the connections, tried to charge the battery (2/6 amp charger). And i checked the starter which seems to be in decent shape, though its not even getting power to it so idk.
i dont think i have a voltage meter so what are other options it could be?
Battery,
bad connection/ground (cleaned)
solenoid (new)
Starter (decent could use a new one in near future)
I heard somewhere iginitiln switch? I check the connection in the ignition and one of the four (i think) connectors has burnt throught the plastic (will post pics when im out of work).
clutch cable isnt attachedbut is in neutral..
neutral light isnt on... it was the one light that worked too.
tried putting a screw driver to both bolts on solenoid sparked but no startrr action..

Also would it matter if the gas tank isnt hooked up if it isnt gettng power to starter? I dont think so but i dont know a whole lot abt that part of it..
Helpp please, i just wantto ride!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery. The clicking you hear is the solenoid attempting to engage. A cheapo volt meter would be a great addition to your tools and they work just fine for most any job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its less than 7 months old, but it has been sitting for a while. i took it to vip and they said it met requirement but was low.
im definately gonna get a voltage tester, i think my buddys got a nie one he'll give me.

i dont know if i already said this but it made the rapid clicking till i cleaned a connection and then it started just doing a single click when i tried to start it now.(At work on my phone so its hard to see what i wrote previously.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youtube this after the dot com because i need another post before i can put up a link
/watch?v=nbcbz_1isdY&feature=plcp

Video of what exactly is happening..

i just wanna ride :(:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put a new spark plug in and Still no power to the starter, i guess im gonna take it apart again and see whats up with it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New battery, new spark plug, grounds cleaned....
it buzzes now since new battery...

wont get power past solenoid. At all, the solenoid is from napa, and is "universal" is that what the issue is?? I tried a honda 400 ex. solenoids and same buzzing noise, not like the noise in video.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys sorry im new here i don't know how to post a new thread but i was wondering if you could tell me where my vin number would be on a 91 350 thanks for any help

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quad- go with a factory OEM solenoid. Make sure the battery is the right one for the quad and a half way decent brand (moto power, yuasa, bike master, etc.).

Moto4- I believe it is on the front of the frame. Try the search button tho

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ll give it a shot, another paycheck all on parts and bills fml haha,
the battery is a bike battery but its the same one i use to use since walmart gave me the wrong one but it worked fine so ill go with a new oem solenoid. thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check your reverse switch, I rebuilt the same quad and had the same problem. Take the switch off of the frame check the connection to it and give it a good cleaning. that switch can ruin the whole ground to the quad. Hope this helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahh good idea,
i figure its just a stupid safety switch because i tried another solenoid.
ill try it out after i eat some grubbbbb.
thanks in advance either way

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No good, even changed the clap on the ground wire to the solenoid. the startwont get power. no power is going past the solenoid, lights work though. gah

·
Registered
9 Posts
First thing I didn't see any of your relays near your solenoid. If they are actually not there I would start with that. For the guy looking for the VIN number it is stamped into the frame under the peg on the LH side.

·
Registered
199 Posts
No good, even changed the clap on the ground wire to the solenoid. the startwont get power. no power is going past the solenoid, lights work though. gah
Have you tried jumping the solenoid, not just replacing it? I'm leery of an automotive solenoid. Maybe the little 12v battery just doesn't have enough oomph to actuate it (in theory it should, but maybe?).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did try jumping the solenoid. no good.
i just ordered a new starter and solenoid but missed a killer deal on the main wiring harness by a minute, so pissed.

relays are there... interesting thing, when i pull my clutch in it clicks on the relay farthest back if that helps at all. If changing the starter and solenoid doesnt work im gonna get a new wiring harness and cdi box when i can afford it (2 weeks or more)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok did you change any part of the harness at all. And have you ever removed the starter and bench tested it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes i have, ive tested all the switches, had to redo the connection on the ground wire to start relay, and same with the fuse (figured this ones getting old so mind as well get a new harness when i can,afford it. ) and no i havent bench tested it yet.
any suggestions in where to get a decent quality wiring harness/cdi box without slitting my wrists?

·
Registered
18 Posts
relays are there... interesting thing, when i pull my clutch in it clicks on the relay farthest back if that helps at all)
thats probably your neutral relay, try grounding out your sky blue wire tricking to thinking its in neutral your neutral light should come on too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since your solenoid clicks I would have to say it is the starter its self take it off and bench test it. cause a starter is a hell of a lot cheaper the throwing a wiring harness at it. And have you ever tried to jump start it by having some one pull you cause maybe the bottom end was not redone correctly and the starter can not turn it over.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts