Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have noticed that my ‘99 warrior has significant power loss on wide open throttle. I can be riding at middle throttle with decent power, then if I punch it to full throttle, the engine makes a lot more noise and speeds up, but the quad does not go any faster. My quad has a FMF megamax slip on and I have an open air box with a k&n filter(using the clamp on filter attachment) For jets I have a 147.5 main jet and a 45 pilot jet. I know that my exhaust has a decent hole in the pipe and I just pulled it off to weld it closed, so maybe that’s the issue?

I am also wondering if it could also be a compression issue, since there is a good amount of air being puffed out of the crankcase breather.

Has an exhaust leak been known to lower top end power? Or do you think I should be looking at the engine itself. Thanks for any help.

Here is a picture of my exhaust leak:
59433336113__3E99C829-443F-4082-A993-89CB88BE2F0A.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh yes that makes sense, I can’t believe I over looked that! The quad is 20 years old with the stock clutch plates still in it. Now that you mention it, that’s exactly what it feels like since the rpm picks up but the speed doesn’t. It also explains why I have to shift gears so fast it sounds like I’m driving a formula one race car when I take off. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts