Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of my buddies come over this past weekend and help me adjust my valves. This was the first time that I had personally did it and everything went pretty smooth. My friend kept telling me to make sure that I kept the valves tight and did not gap them to far. I checked them several times before I put the cover back on the engine and everything seemed fine. However now I have a light ticking coming from the engine. What will this do to my engine if I just let it tighten back up by itself? I would be concerned if I thought they were way off but I know they aren't.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
A little tick is normal, you doulbe checked the valves and had the engine at TDC right?

·
Registered
245 Posts
mine ticks a little too after i adjusted them. I think Tissan is right (he usually is :tup: ) you're going to have a little ticking from the motor. It seems louder because YOU adjusted the valves and maybe you're thinking you did it wrong....funny how that works....but it'll make that ticking seem louder. you used a feeler gauge right?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we had everything were it needed to be. We put a full pipe, Jets, needles, brake block off, and adjusted the valves all at the same time. I know the brake seems a little out of place since everything had to do with the engine. Anyway it runs better then it ever has before but it has that tick and it makes me nervous. It is not very loud at all and when I started up for another friend of mine he did not notice it. I however can hear it.

Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:nod: LOL mine does the same thing, everytime i ride it i get nervous its wrong, all the guys i ride with dont notice it either. its probably fine, besides the pipe will drown it out a little lol......im done riding for probably the rest of the year due to the weather, but im going to check the intake valves before i put her up for the winter. if you thinks its adjusted right, i wouldnt worry about it. my warrior does the same thing too.....maybe you're just thinking about it too much. :tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts