Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 13:1 piston put in my bike during breakin it was ran easy up the road about 1/4 mile and then back and then back down the road again maybe 1/8 of a mile and back. Then on the way up the driveway it stalled. Started it back up and got to the yard and it died. So we tore it back apart and the 2 intake valves are bent. Everything was put back together correctly. Question is should i have gotten my valves adjusted with the new piston? And how much do the valves run?

·
Registered
225 Posts
It sounds like either the came was off or the piston was not correctly machined. Either way every thing needs checked out completely Valve seats, guides. buckets. I MEAN EVERY THING . There is a lot of strain on the valve train when a valve gets bent. You didn't hear any noise while it was running??? I'm not sure of the price I never bought OEM Valves for the 450.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
That is very strange.... Are you sure it was at TDC when you reassembled everything? It deffinitely be a good Idea to inspect every component of the head to make sure there is no further problems down the road :tup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a complete set of valves for sale, I believe from the dealer there 80 bucks each. But for all 5 I could let them go for like 175 shipped! pm me if your interested!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts