Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of going with bigger carbs.Any advice on what size to go with, with the mods I have listed?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i have mikuni 34 bored out to 35.5 with moderate porting, advanced timing, flywheel lightened, t-5's, and some other little stuff. the best thing is it works with my porting, and i know guys with strokers that run the exact same carbs. they are kinda spendy, i think i spent $600 on the carbs and aluminum intake and new K & Ns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your motor is not ported i wouldnt even bother upgrading the carbs, its a total waste of money! you could do better off with stock carbs and mods like reeds, and a head. bigger carbs flow more fuel and air, but if you cant push it through that motor with the stock transfers and intake/exhaust your not gaining enough to justtify it.

(have seen motors dyno less hp with larger carbs)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I agree with sand dragon. It doesnt look like you have much for engine work done to her. Id save the money and spend it on somthing else. But if you really want carbs just jump up to a 28mm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Both previous posts are right. It goes something like this. On a banshee motor the stock reed cages will pass more air than the stock carb will pass. The stock carb will pass more air than the stock transfers will pass. So you see where the bottleneck is. Porting is your best bet, then carbs.
However you can play games with your stock configuration. If you put more compression into the mix. I see you have 19cc domes. That creates more valocity. The suction on the carbs is greater, sooo yea you could go up to 28s. But anything bigger would be like you trying to suck pepsi out of a cup with a 5/8 heater hose.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Carb help

So what you guys are saying is wait until I blow the motor and have it bored out and get it ported at the same time.After I do all that what size carbs do you guys think I should go with?I was thinking in the range of 30-34 mm , Any advice?I run 110 octane leaded race gas with + 4 timming and 19cc domes with v-foce and spacers with T5's and K&N.

Thanks For all The Help

JT

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can have it ported without blowing it up :scared: , and dont bore it until you need it you may get by with just a new set of rings. After you get the porting about any carb should work just keep in mind the bigger you go the less low end you will have. I have 34mm kehin pj's and it does great balls out but lacks low end...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
depending on what pipes you have, youll probly have no low end anyways, besides its overrated

·
Registered
134 Posts
Starscream said:
depending on what pipes you have, youll probly have no low end anyways, besides its overrated

Whats overrated?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts