Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll most know the troubles i had with the Jeep since i got it. In case you dont, let me tell you.

After we got it home from the towel head dealer, it started to leak oil
Then the steering got REAL shitty and needed a new steering shaft, and sprun a hole in the power steering line.
The cat was cracked.
THe 02 sensor went about 10 days after it was home(well the engine light came on)

Then the tranny a couple days ago.

We had a warranty on the Jeep (so we thought) that was suposed be on from sept to the end of this month.

We brought it to the tranny place and the guy said, yes something inside was messed up (didnt say what)

so he called the warranty place.

THE GUY WE GOT IT FROM NEVER FILED THE WARRANTY

My mom called and he said yes ill send the papers in now, but it still ends at the end of this month :wtf: . What the hell good is that going to do me? It will take longer then that to fix it, so ill have to pay out of pocket.

Anyway my mom is on the phone now literally screaming at the dealership.


Is there anything we can do about this place?

I think my stepdad said he is going to talk to his lawer to see if there is anything to do.


Oh and BTW its from UNION auto sales in NJ...damn retards :s96:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
Sorry to hear about your jeep :shrug:

Thats fucked up though, Id show up at the dearlership with your stepdad and explain what happened hopefully they will extend the warranty :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
go to the dealer and threaten them with filing lemon law charges. He'll either piss himself or fix it. No dealer wants to go through that kind of BS and PA has some consumer-friendly laws regarding this matter. Do a quick google search on it and you can find the laws in full detail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,520 Posts
if you have documented proof that your warrenty was valid starting at the date of sale, and they failed to fill out the nessassary paperwork, than BY LAW they are accountable and you WILL NOT pay out of pocket.

REFUSE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET. that is a breech of contract and you need to sue there asses if they refuse to honor the contract.

if you bought the vehicle one month ago, and you did not have a warrenty ( because they did not fill out the paperwork) and it expires today. starting today you have one month of warrenty left.

if you paid for a 3 month warrenty, you WILL GET a 3 month warrenty.


another thing is the cracked cat converter. if the converter is inoperable due to the crack, and they did not tell you about it, by federal law they are required to fix it, because it is an emission control device.
if they knowingly sold you a vehicle with an inoperative emission control device and failed to tell you. by law they have to fix it, or get sued to death.

you totally have the upper hand.

tell your mom to use these buzzwords...

by federal law a cracked converter is an inoperable emission control device.
my warrenty is documented.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Oh, yeah, dude...if you have documentation of the stuff (like your warranty paperwork and such) you can nail their asses to the wall in court if it coms to I owuld imagine that they're hoping they can put you off for a bit and you'll go away. I'd talk to the owner (if you haven't already), not a salesman. Better yet, have your dad talk to the owner, and tell him that you just want exactly what you paid for, and absolutely nothing less. And if you don't get it, lawyers WILL become involved and I'd bet suddenly they'll be real cooperative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NitrousGuy said:
if you have documented proof that your warrenty was valid starting at the date of sale, and they failed to fill out the nessassary paperwork, than BY LAW they are accountable and you WILL NOT pay out of pocket.

REFUSE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET. that is a breech of contract and you need to sue there asses if they refuse to honor the contract.

if you bought the vehicle one month ago, and you did not have a warrenty ( because they did not fill out the paperwork) and it expires today. starting today you have one month of warrenty left.

if you paid for a 3 month warrenty, you WILL GET a 3 month warrenty.


another thing is the cracked cat converter. if the converter is inoperable due to the crack, and they did not tell you about it, by federal law they are required to fix it, because it is an emission control device.
if they knowingly sold you a vehicle with an inoperative emission control device and failed to tell you. by law they have to fix it, or get sued to death.

you totally have the upper hand.

tell your mom to use these buzzwords...

by federal law a cracked converter is an inoperable emission control device.
my warrenty is documented.

ok here is the thing.

WE got it inspected...exc we knew the guy...and i honestly dont think he did a proper inspection :roll:
I didnt ask him to. I mean i paied the full freaking price of inspection i think it should have been done proper. But i dont think it was proper, because the cat IS indeed cracked, and it rattles.

Also when we originally bought the JEEP they were asking $3600. My mom said how about $3400. The guy said sure, but you get no warranty then. She said no, we want the warranty.

The deal was since the car would sit for months before registered, once it was registered the warranty would start for 3 FULL MONTHS.
WIth the oil leak it was about $200 to fix...they covered half.

Now with the tranny, we called and the guys never sent the paperwork in for the warranty. Basically they took the money hoping nothing would go wrong.

So now after numerous calls this is what my parents said.

The guy is calling the warranty place tomorrow and paying with credit card for the warranty, then the tranny place will call the warranty place. BUT the warranty place will prob say no, cause its like a person with cancer getting life insurance :roll:
If they never do do the warranty, or the warranty place said its too late, then monday my stepdad is calling the Better Buisness Buero (how ever you spell it)

And then my mom will pay for the tranny with credit card, and we are taking them to court. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
bulkdriverlp said:
just take em to court piss on it.
Agreed. I wouldn't even screw with them anymore. Jst keep proof of everything you do, and head to court. Just for the pleasure of hearing them piss down both legs, tho, I'd call them just to let them know you'll be seeing them in court.

It sounds like a small claims case anyway. And here, you don't even need an attorney for a small claims case, it's meant for stuff like this. Just be sure to add in the suit that they have to pay for your court costs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
dirt817 said:
go to the dealer and threaten them with filing lemon law charges. He'll either piss himself or fix it. No dealer wants to go through that kind of BS and PA has some consumer-friendly laws regarding this matter. Do a quick google search on it and you can find the laws in full detail.
:tup: :tup: :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
threten him with a lawsuit and they will get off there ass.. i ahd to do it with my quad about 5 months back when my battarie died
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok well a little update


today was the day the dealer was going to call the warranty place, and get it going.

They insisted before that my mom sends a letter saying the jeep is in PERFECT running condition. Which of course she said no, casue it was not in running condition.

After they kept saying just send a letter saying it was in good condition, and she said no, they hung up on her. :scared:

So she called back and said " see you in court"
and he said "have a nice life, see you there"


so thats pretty much where is sits, we are taking them to court. But i need a car to drive so my mom told the tranny place to go ahead and she is putting it on her credit card, then we are taking them to court for the bill and what not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
its going to cost more then the jeep is worth to take them to court. You are past small claims. A lawyer will charge you a minimum of 2000$ to even take the case. Just set the dealership on fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BLUinNE said:
its going to cost more then the jeep is worth to take them to court. You are past small claims. A lawyer will charge you a minimum of 2000$ to even take the case. Just set the dealership on fire.
NO not really, my step dad already has a lawyer from some other reason from his work. He works for the state of NJ. The tranny cost though, they estimated about $2500...i will know for sure in a couple days.

well when we take them, im sure we are sueing for the tranny cost, court fees, idk maybe other junk...not sure what the plans are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
go to court, tell the lady you want to file a small claims suit. fill it out, they will get the dealer "served" which means a police officer or p.i. will hand the dealer the paperwork. his court date will be scheduled when the lady gives you back the paperwork. make copies of all ur stuff. make sure you write down on the paperwork that the dealer will reimburse you (how ever much your shop bills add up to) plus COSTS, as in court costs. if he doesnt show up you win. he has to pay you the money. youll need to go back to court to have him establish a method of repayment by the judge. its only like 15-20 bucks around here to file the papers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RaptorMan03 said:
Id take it back to him and shove it up ass
hey wanna come over and shove it up his towel head ass for me????

I would be happy if they bought it back as is from me for what i paied :hey:

well i dont know whats really going to happen with it. The retard called here today saying that they will tow it to their dealership and put a tranny in it...which btw i would need to pay a $100 deductable...towing costs, and the tranny would be a used one :wtf: :lmao: stupid people make me laugh. So my mom told them to wait...she has to talk to the lawyer...(we already have one like i said)

so yeah im REALLY pissed off...i mean wouldnt you be too??? I only had my lisence for like 3 weeks...and i already cant drive...its like back to having no permit with having ppl drive me around


(sorry for the spaces and typing...my key board is really messed up)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
yea id be pissed to man but next time check stuff out and look at the dealer ship to make sure they are reuputable :tup: im full of shit so i can tell if the other guy is feeding me a line of crap on a car :tup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,336 Posts
RaptorMan03 said:
yea id be pissed to man but next time check stuff out and look at the dealer ship to make sure they are reuputable :tup: im full of shit so i can tell if the other guy is feeding me a line of crap on a car :tup:
I'm the same way, I put out so much bullshit I can tell when someone's trying to pile shit on me. I'd wait and see what the lawyer says before you go having them fix it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
empty-wallet said:
well i dont know whats really going to happen with it. The retard called here today saying that they will tow it to their dealership and put a tranny in it...which btw i would need to pay a $100 deductable...towing costs, and the tranny would be a used one :wtf: :lmao: stupid people make me laugh. So my mom told them to wait...she has to talk to the lawyer...(we already have one like i said)
Dude, if you can get them to put a "new" tranny in it, even if it is a used one that is the best bet! Try to get them to get a certified rebuilt unit and put a 90 day warranty on it! Much better than trying to sort it out in court...then never use that place again!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top