Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the jets run in a trinity 2into1 carb? Is is the same as stock sizes? I just bought a trinity and its in the mail on its way right now, just wanted to know what to do when i get it . :tup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
No its a total diff. carb than the stock but if you bought it straight from trinity it will come jetted to your specs.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i got the carb today... its a Mikuni 34mm and it has a 230 Main in it. How does jetting work from here? I was running 310's in my engine with stock carbs, what should i run with this carb? And can I run reed spacers with the intake, they fit, just wondering if its ok. I got blue powdercoated ones with blue bolts it looks nice, thats the only reason i bought them. They were only $15 shipped too :tup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
hope i can help

when i got mine it was jeted for my bike from trinity show you shouldnot have to mess with it

reed spacer it depends if you are useing your air box if not and just a filter on the end of the carb it will be fine i don't think the would make that much of a diff any why but more power to you

·
Registered
44 Posts
JiM417 said:
Ok i got the carb today... its a Mikuni 34mm and it has a 230 Main in it. How does jetting work from here? I was running 310's in my engine with stock carbs, what should i run with this carb? And can I run reed spacers with the intake, they fit, just wondering if its ok. I got blue powdercoated ones with blue bolts it looks nice, thats the only reason i bought them. They were only $15 shipped too :tup:
FYI, we don't sell a 34... Only a 33 or 35mm for the CV kit.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see... :roll: my bad, I got it used off ebay from sum rich guy in miama lol.. I guess ill just throw it on and see how my bike runs and watch the temp guage and stuff, thanks guys.

By the way trinity, can I get just the intake O-rings? How much are they ? Thanks

Also, is there supose to be a spacer plate between the intake boot and the manifold ? The bolts that hold down the intake boot to the manifold tighten down with about a quarter of an inch left to go... which makes in boot not even tight. ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You shouldn't need a spacer plate... Perhaps you received bolts that were too long?

PS. Yes, you can buy just the o-rings and I can't remember offhand how much they cost, but it shouldn't be more than a dollar or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought the same kit and installed in on my banshee. It's 20 degrees out here this time of year, and I jetted it as follows...

175 main
needle clip second from top
55 pilot

I have FMF sst pipes k$N filter in stock airbox, and snorkel removed. I am actually going to step it up to the next size up pilot because I had to turn the airscrew all the way in last night to get it to run right. You will love the single carb, mine is much faster now and has almost no hesitation on the low end anymore.

·
Registered
302 Posts
atvdog said:
I just bought the same kit and installed in on my banshee. It's 20 degrees out here this time of year, and I jetted it as follows...

175 main
needle clip second from top
55 pilot

I have FMF sst pipes k$N filter in stock airbox, and snorkel removed. I am actually going to step it up to the next size up pilot because I had to turn the airscrew all the way in last night to get it to run right. You will love the single carb, mine is much faster now and has almost no hesitation on the low end anymore.
youve got a keihin,but hes got a mikuni ,he should be in the 290 main range
to be safe

·
Registered
132 Posts
k

i got a keihin carb that i have a 190 main and like 79 pilot. makuinis(sp?) run different. take it to the BHQ and im sure someone can get ya close.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I gave up on trying to tune it so i stuck my stock carbs on and it sputters and backrfires top end. I just have to jet it, but it runs ALOT better then the single setup. I probly got screwed off ebay or something. I dont think the carb allows enough air to both cylinders or something. it had no power at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts