Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 trail blazer,i just got a DG pipe for it,do i have to re-jet it?I live in central illinois.Where do i start?Also,do i have to turn up the oil injector too?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Is a 250 or a 400?
Shouldn't matter but you probably won't have to re-jet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes you need to rejet it! anytime you add more air in or smoother exhaust out you need to rejet oe you will be lean and melt your piston.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I had an old 400 sport (2 stroke model before the trailblazer) with a DG pipe, and didn't have to re-jet. Even had a mechanic do several runs with new plugs each time to verify. After the pipe was installed I ran it for over a year with no problem. I changed the plug myself every couple of months just to make sure the jetting/mixture was good.
Totally agree with Sparkzilla on the more air=re-jetting thing. I have re-jetted every other bike that I put a pipe on, but for some reason on my old Polaris I didn't have to.
Who knows. :roll:

·
Registered
937 Posts
maybe because it was a DG? :lmao: J/K

My friend owns a trailblazer 250, does anyone know some good pipes and silenencers for the 250?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My step-son had a trailblazer with the DG pipe and k&n filter. It needed to be rejetted. Even if it doesnt, you will probably be able to find some more power if you do.

·
Registered
639 Posts
gti52 said:
My step-son had a trailblazer with the DG pipe and k&n filter. It needed to be rejetted. Even if it doesnt, you will probably be able to find some more power if you do.
yeah, maybee if you get lucky it will seem like you wont need to rejet but like he said if you do you will probably wake the motor up and get more power out of it. IMO i would rejet it, ya cant go wrong :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Thanks for the links Raptor1027 - my g/f just bought herself a 250 Trailblazer so naturally I'm wandering around trying to learn about it! :deal:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts