Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read a post on Hot Wiring tht TORS so you disactivate it. How can this be done without buying a TORS removal kit???? I remeber somthing like you splice some wires together.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just read this and found it interesting.
A Blaster has a rev limiter called a THORS system it is the weird shaped box on top of the carb. The other part of the system is a switch in the throttle. The system can easily be disabled by disconnecting a plug under the plastic nosepiece. If your machine has a twist throttle the whole system would be missing. After I disconnected the limiter on my Blaster it not only revved higher but also quicker. I had to disconnect the system on mine because of failure, and a new unit costs over $200, but I would now do it on any Blaster just to make it rev quicker. Banshees also have this system but I'm not sure how to disconnect them because they have two carbs and two units.
Can disconnecting the TORS really make it rev higher?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
i got a twist throttle kit that totally eliminated the tors unit. it was a pain in the ass to work on anything with the carb and a brick on top of it. i'm happy i did it

but i think you can disconnect the wires and then twist them together then remove the box under the hood. I THINK you can do that but dont quote me on it

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you want to completely remove the tors system you need to buy a cap and cable, or a different carb and cable. Eliminating the tors will not let the quad rev any higher, it is just a set of switches that will kill the spark if both contacts arn't made.

hollywood sells a set up that has every thing you need to remove the tors

http://www.hollywooddirtproductions.com/CustomParts/CustomPart.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had read a post on Hot Wiring tht TORS so you disactivate it. How can this be done without buying a TORS removal kit???? I remeber somthing like you splice some wires together.
On a 2006 Blaster you just remove the whole tour system unplug everything but the plug down by the carburetor were the switches in the carburetor would be would be the gray plug with a black wire and a yellow wire with a black stripe....those need to be twisted together and boom your done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts